The closing themes of Sesame Street

ssetta

Reaction score
I don't know the episode number, but it looks like Season 26.

gutchman

Reaction score
ssetta, do you know which version of the closing theme Sesame Street episode 3085 had at the end of it? It probably had the animated closing credits.

gutchman

Reaction score
ssetta, I can remember a funny closing sequence from a sesame street rerun from 23, that i think was reran in season 25. The harmonica theme was still used at the end. The closing theme played while Gina was hiding behind the staircase to the left of the NO PARKING doors. She announced the episodes sponsors--the number of the day was 16--then the sound of a horse neighing was heard (at i think that's what it was). Then the SESAME STREET sign and CHILDREN'S TELEVISION WORKSHOP appeared on the screen in a different style. Instead of the SS sign folding outward then CTW words sliding underneath the sign, The SS and CTW word slid left together on to the screen into the upper right corner. Then as Big Bird was chasing Gina, she said Sesame Street is a production of the CTW really, really, fast. It sounded like this: Sesamesaproductionofchildren'stelevisionworkshop,

Then the logo slid to the right off of the screen as Big Bird's beak touched the word CHILDREN'S.

Which episode was it? When I looked at the muppet wiki, the closest episode description to this was #2926: Word play on Sesame Street. The sponsors were J, Q, and 16, yet I seem to remember the letter sponsors being A and S

gutchman

Reaction score
sesame street episode 3008

ssetta, did sesame street episode 3008 have the nighttime closing music at the end, since the last street scene takes place at night?

gutchman

Reaction score
ending of SS episode 2208

ssetta, at the end of Sesame Street episode 2208, is the camera zooming out as the sponsors are being announced? Also, is Grungetta announcing the sponsors and that SS is by CTW? It looks like she is.

ssetta

Reaction score
2208 has a normal closing, and yes, I think Grungetta did announce the sponsors.