Pre-Order Fraggle Season 4 DVD Boxset

wembleyfraggle

Reaction score
I just picked up Season 4 and the case is a let down! Its not textured like the others and its just a fat case in stead of the card board fold out! But it is only $30! :excited:

chadergeist

Reaction score
I got to say that the first three seasons are packaged in a big cardboard booklike case with inner plastic hubs with booklets and they issued the final one in a bare bones standard plastic case with a thin cardboard slipcover. What is up with that?

I feel cheated! It seemed that after all of our genuine complaints on the final season being released by itself and not part of a big set when they made that wrong move, that they are just trying to shut us up by giving up this sad packaging for the final season. Trying to cut corners or something? I was shocked when I took the dvd out of the bubbled envelope from DeepDiscount.

Quazimoto

Reaction score
I just picked up Season 4 and the case is a let down! Its not textured like the others and its just a fat case in stead of the card board fold out! But it is only $30! :excited:

Indeed, the packaging was a big let down for me as well. I'm kind of picky about things like that, so I'm looking into selling my individual sets and picking up the newly released four season box set.

Even an option to purchase a new case which matches the other's would have a welcome option for me. They did that with Season Six of The Simpsons. They unexpectedly switch the package design to a flimsly plastic head and when there was an uproar of backlash over it from people who had previous sets, they gave an option to buy a new box which more closely matched the previous design. Every subsequent box set of The Simpsons has had two differnt packaging options (traditional & character head).

I'm stoked for people who passed on the HIT box set and waited for the Final Season as an individual release, but it seems to me Lionsgate defintely should have went with the same packaging style as the others. At least with the initial batch. Afer all, it was only one box set. Maybe if they had a bunch of seasons left to release a packaging change would have made sense, but with only one?

*sigh* I guess nothing in life can be perfect.

ploobis

Reaction score
I picked up my copy at Best Buy the past Tuesday, I love it!

I love the Bonus Features!

I love the Excerpts of the shooting of the Final Episode and The Wrap Party!

Jim: "THIS IS CONVINCING JOHN!"

I also love the interview with Rollie Krewson talking about building Wembley. I would have never known there was a plastic ball in Wembley's nose!

:smirk: :coy: :excited:

wembleyfraggle

Reaction score
Yeah! If you look actually at Wembley's nose, its the exact size as his eyes! Larger than the other Fraggles! I would have bought the 4th even though I have the Full Series Collection... but the case is a turn off. I would have bought it just to complete the look of the set. But its not the same! So If I bought it it wouldn't go with the others anyway. So sadly, I will be passing on it. All because of a change in the case! :smirk:

ploobis

Reaction score
Yeah! If you look actually at Wembley's nose, its the exact size as his eyes! Larger than the other Fraggles! I would have bought the 4th even though I have the Full Series Collection... but the case is a turn off. I would have bought it just to complete the look of the set. But its not the same! So If I bought it it wouldn't go with the others anyway. So sadly, I will be passing on it. All because of a change in the case! :smirk:
I wasn't too upset about the new packaging because I knew I needed the Final Season anyway. I did not buy the Complete Series set. And hey, For those who already bought Seasons 1 through 3 years ago got the copies that included a bonus booklet! :excited:

plucky

Reaction score
Yay for having season 4 finally!
Boo for the change in packaging!
Boo for only having 20 episodes of Fraggles to look forward to (I watched the first 4 last night :smile: ).
Yay for dancing your cares away!

I dreamt all night of living in a complex modernized Fraggle cave, I know where I'll be living if I win the mega-millions!

Mikey Alexander

Reaction score
I feel cheated! It seemed that after all of our genuine complaints on the final season being released by itself and not part of a big set when they made that wrong move, that they are just trying to shut us up by giving up this sad packaging for the final season. Trying to cut corners or something? I was shocked when I took the dvd out of the bubbled envelope from DeepDiscount.
It is really hard for me to even get the least bit upset about packaging. We have the entire Fraggle Rock run on DVD. Not long ago, Fraggle Rock was not available on DVD at all. We received Season 1 without any assurances there would ever be a Season 2. The big mistake that HIT made was announcing Season 4 and not delivering it.

Lionsgate came through, and delivered the final season set. Lionsgate is a completely different company from HIT, and the fact that the artwork matches is a plus. Even more so, the Seaon 4 DVD set has ALL of the extra content from the complete series. To me, it was all worth the wait and I feel anything but cheated! Lionsgate far exceeded my expectations with Season 4 and I'm happily watching Fraggle Rock again!

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
yes that is very true. As fans I've read people say we'd buy these things even if they came in a brown paper bag. it's the fact that they are all on DVD. i prefer them in these separate sets because i feel the dvd's are packaged safer unlike like Hit's release of the collection last year. at least Lionsgate put in an effort to make the packaging look similar for the final season and it has all the same bonus dvd material. i have seen that seasons 1-3 are re-released in the same style in a hard case just like season 4.