What Happened to MUPPETS.COM?

rtgentry

Reaction score
everytime I enter in muppets.com it goes to disneys site.

dwmckim

Reaction score
Don't know if it's behaving or not as i type since i can only access it when i'm at the library, but it was working fine earlier today.

I have had what you describe happen before though so either host server may be temporarily down or something's being updated.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the only way to get to the Muppet site is through the "My Page" section of the Disney site.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
It tries to detect your connection and plugins for sight viewing, but it's programmed poorly. Here's the work-around:

1. surf to www.muppets.com (if that doessn't work, go to step 2)

2. click the "Switch To Disney Online Broadband" link located at the bottom of the page.

3. after the new page loads, type in www.muppets.com in the browser bar again.

That should take you there.

They really need to streamline the site so that it loads faster and doesn't take so much clicking and searching once there. The content gets an A+ from me, but the architecture of the site is a solid D effort. It's clumsy and not user friendly. They should keep that template simple and save the bells and whistles for the actual substance. Muppets.com is an example of why people hate Flash and that saddens me. I just want to see the fantastic clips!

muppetperson

Reaction score
It doesnt even work when I go by youhide.com. It goes to a text only Disney page.
Could Disney have finally out smarten youhide? They should just make the muppets site international.After all, they are trying to make more awareness, but it wont help by just keeping them domestic.

muppet_dk

Reaction score
It doesnt even work when I go by youhide.com. It goes to a text only Disney page.
Could Disney have finally out smarten youhide? They should just make the muppets site international.After all, they are trying to make more awareness, but it wont help by just keeping them domestic.
There are other proxy sites that are better than you hide. www.hidemyass.com have woked for me lately, if it don't work then try some of the other mirrors they have. I used to have a backdoor to access the site, but after the last changes they made to the code, I lost the access and have not been able to find a new backdoor :frown:

I agree restricting the site to US only are not a smart move from Disney.

muppet baby

Reaction score
In the last 5 min i typted in Muppets.com by just tyiping muppets.com with out even doing the www. and it took me streate to muppets.com .

Maybe for a while there was somthing wrong with the server i have had this happen to me with some other faverite sites .

muppetperson

Reaction score
There are other proxy sites that are better than you hide. www.hidemyass.com have woked for me lately, if it don't work then try some of the other mirrors they have. I used to have a backdoor to access the site, but after the last changes they made to the code, I lost the access and have not been able to find a new backdoor :frown:

I agree restricting the site to US only are not a smart move from Disney.
Thanks for the different proxy site.It works, although it goes to Disney my page, and then you have to click on fan favorites and then Muppets.I tried removing all the W's without the proxy server, and it is the same, whether you put the www or not, but for international users, it goes to a Disney page in their region.