New Shalom Sesame

Drtooth

Reaction score
How the heck isn't this news?

It's been almost 20 years or so since the last batch of episodes. I really hope they show MORE stuff about Israel and less dubbed clips... while interesting, I don't think it's half as interesting as the actual international stuff.

That said, while this is great, I almost prefer a Globetrotting Sesame series... one where each episode shows a different co-production. I'd LOVE to see ones about the Japanese co-production, and Plaza Sesamo.

dwmckim

Reaction score
Ooh - now THERE'S an idea! Especially given the 40th anniversary, the sheer number of international versions, the resurgence of Shalom Sesame, and the occassional international clips on Sesamestreet's youtube channel, i could totally see a regular series where they show one of the various international shows each episode. They could even have special introductions from Global Grover.

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
I saw a story on the news tonight about the new episodes. They had interviews with the director/producers and had the puppeter of Moishe Oofnik. They also had some footage of Grover being filmed.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Ooh - now THERE'S an idea! Especially given the 40th anniversary, the sheer number of international versions, the resurgence of Shalom Sesame, and the occassional international clips on Sesamestreet's youtube channel, i could totally see a regular series where they show one of the various international shows each episode. They could even have special introductions from Global Grover.
Thanks! I like validation! :sing:

Anyway... seems like the only time we really got to experience international versions of the characters conversing with our characters was Shalom Sesame, Basil Hears a Noise (which I'd love to track down), and Sesame Street Stays up Late (I still say we were cheated by meeting Elmo's Mexican Cousin isntead of Abelardo and company)... It would be great to have a Shalom Sesame style show about every co-Production possible. Again, I'd love to see them do a Russian one, A Japanese one (I love Mojambo's design) and a Mexican one as well...