What would've Jim Henson done after 9/11?

animalrescuer

Reaction score
Today at Muppet Central, we remember the people affected by 9/11. I would like to know if Jim Henson was alive at the time, what would he have done after it happened as well as the other Henson people?

What do you guys think?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
That is a good question. Jim was the leader of the Muppets and now that he's gone such decisions aren't really made.

I really don't feel comfortable speculating too much, but it is my belief he would have lent his talents and Muppets to raise money for the victims of 9/11 and Katrina. He'd also likely do some sort of project to promote global understanding like he did with the creation of Fraggle Rock.

One thing I don't think he would have latched onto is the anger and fear that hung heavy in the air eight years ago. I feel he would have created an all-new venture to counteract that sentiment.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Well I imagine he would have tried creating something of a Hippie old school variety, of characters involved in a serious conflict and having to come together in the end to survive.

dwmckim

Reaction score
What would Jim Henson have done after 9/11?

Just a guess, pure speculation, but i'm pretty sure he would have flipped his calendar over to 9/12.

No seriously though, i could see him really lending talent and money to charities...it is hard to really say because at the time, the main Henson HQ was still so close by and no doubt a lot of key people at Henson were affected personally via the suffering of friends and for some maybe even family, so there would be a lot just going on personally and internally. Plus just all the ways that something like that interferes with the everyday running of business - things like Ben Browder and Claudia Black being temporarily stranded in the USA since they were unable to fly back to Australia when they intended.

Perhaps we would have seen more things along this line on a grander scale and maybe something done with the classic Muppet characters, but i think he would have done much of the same sort of stuff that the Henson Company did - working on finding age-appropriate ways to reach the children watching their then regular programming ventures such as Bear in the Big Blue House and Sesame Street.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
What would Jim Henson have done after 9/11?

Just a guess, pure speculation, but i'm pretty sure he would have flipped his calendar over to 9/12.
Heheheh, that's OK. We can't lose our sense of humor. :wink: