Your Thoughts: Muppets Letters to Santa DVD

JJandJanice

Reaction score
All the recast voices I have to say that Floyd and Robin where spot on in this. Now the question is who did them?
Yeah I thought Floyd and Robin were very good as well, pretty close, if not spot on to Jerry Nelson.

Also, this maybe just my opinion, but I feel from Muppets Wizards of Oz to Letters to Santa, Eric Jacobson's Fozzie Bear has improved. Well at least I think so.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
The movie, the comedy, the production values were all top notch. Some good cameos as well. But there's more development that needed to happen on the page before the cued the lights.

The special was unfortunately half-baked. They shouldn't have rushed it and I'm glad they'll be taking time with the Halloween TV movie.

We know why the special was rushed and I love seeing Muppets in actual locations, but why not ever make a smaller-scale special of the Muppets getting together and singing? Like a Studio DC for all ages. That would cut shooting time and budget in half at least.

I'm glad to have this special, but I can certainly see what's missing now that it's on DVD. 3.5/5

ploobis

Reaction score
I bought my copy from Target for $17.99, Worth the money!

Matt Vogel did a great job with Floyd, Robin and Crazy Harry.

One of my favorite outtakes is where Kermit yells "WHAT ARE YOU ALL LOOKING AT? WE'RE HAVING A FIGHT!" LOL!

ploobis

Reaction score
I don't know if anybody noticed, But watch the Outtakes where Bunsen keeps messing up his entrances and keep your eye on Gonzo. Gonzo was mouthing Bunsen's lines while Bunsen was saying his lines. I bet Dave was in Gonzo while another puppeteer was in Bunsen. :concern: :confused:

ToodlesTeam

Reaction score
Just finished watching my copy. I think I enjoyed it more on DVD than when I watched it on TV last year. That might be because I already knew what to expect this time. Regardless, I do think it's an enjoyable special, and the extra content is pretty good, small though it may be.

Regarding the recasts, I must say that I'm pleased with basically all of them. Floyd in particular just sounds perfect. He's clearly Floyd, which makes me happy. I still can't hear Rowlf without thinking of Bobo, but those two characters just have similar voices anyway, so it's bound to happen.

Speaking of Bobo, I continue to be amazed at how funny he is in this special! I was pleased with all of his extra screen time during the outtakes! I'd love to see Bobo paired with Nathan Lane again at some point, as their appearances are the best part of the show in my opinion.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The special was unfortunately half-baked. They shouldn't have rushed it and I'm glad they'll be taking time with the Halloween TV movie.

We know why the special was rushed and I love seeing Muppets in actual locations, but why not ever make a smaller-scale special of the Muppets getting together and singing? Like a Studio DC for all ages. That would cut shooting time and budget in half at least.
I think the 2 problems with the special were that it was rushed and that it had such a short running time. I feel it was a beautiful special that captured the classic essence of the Muppets and all, but I still have to say it felt like watching the first and last half hours of a movie, and it seems that if this was developed a little bit more, it would have had a much, much better flow, and it would have had a lot more happen in the end.

Seems to me the 2 weren't unrelated.... I can imagine the short development time also made for a short editing time, and a lot of stuff must have been hacked off the completed script leaving a small hole left by the absence of all the characters.

I'm sure with the small extended scenes it has a better flow... and I'll check it out when I get the DVD... I don't have the money, nor am I in the Christmas mindset right now.

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
I got the dvd lastnight at Wal Mart..i was kinda suprised they even had it out now (before halloween)...im watching it again right now as i type this.. :smile: .... I love the extra stuff added to the film such as the 2 :zany: 's at the airport lol

Kermieuk

Reaction score
Got my UK version of this today in the post, even though its not officially released in the UK til Monday 5th.

Hopefully watch it later tonight or tomorrow. Be good to see it on screen as it has not yet been seen in the UK.

Chris

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
i love this movie , also recently noticed the muppets do alot of christmas specials
but side note someone said in one scene rizzio wasnt over dubbed by steve and im trying to find it,im a sucker for muppet bloopers just love em