Warner Home Video now distributing Sesame Workshop DVDs

minor muppetz

Reaction score
For "The Best of Sesame Spoofs", here's what I think the contents list should be and how it should be broken down:

Disc 1: Classics (I'll include a lot of 1990s stuff here, because sesamestreet.org seems to list the classics tag to clips from up to season 24 and because it seems the first ten seasons didn't really have many parodies)
Song Spoofs
  • How to Get to Yellowstone Park
  • Cereal Girl
  • Hey Food
  • James Taylor: That Grouchy Face
  • Born to Add
  • Barn in the USA
  • Felines
  • Billy Joel and Marlee Maitlyn: Just the Way You Are
  • Wet or Dry
Television Parodies
  • Kermit News: Six Dollar Man
  • Miami Mice: The Count
  • The Add 'Ems Family
  • Super Morphin Mega Monsters: Sharing a Truck
  • Mysterious Theater: The Case of the Missing Cat
  • Hill Street Twos
  • Ernie Loves His Boat
Game Shows
  • What's My Part?: Foot
  • The Crying Game
  • Name That Sound: Grover
  • Squeal of Fortune
  • Here is Your Life: 2102 Shady Lane
The Best of Monsterpiece Theater
  • Upstairs, Downstairs
  • Chariots of Fur
  • The Monsters of Venice
  • Little House on Prairie
  • Dr. No
Miscellaneous Parodies
  • Air
  • High 12

Disc 2: Recent Spoofs
Song Spoofs
  • James Blunt: My Triangle
  • Nora Jones: Don't Know Y
  • Jason Mraz: Outdoors
Reality TV Spoofs
  • American I
  • Desperate Houseplants
  • Joe Hundred Guy
  • Survivor: Musical Chairs
  • Outrageous Makeover: Home Addition
  • Grouch Eye for the Nice Guy
Game Shows
  • Are You Smarter Than an Egg Layer?
  • Meal or No Meal
TV Drama Parodies
  • A's Anatomy
  • Mad Men
  • The Closer
Commercials
  • D-Dance
  • Super K Cereal
Movie Parodies
  • Pre-School Musical
  • Spike Lee: The Summer of Snuffy
  • True Mud
  • American Monster Classics: A Streetcar Named Snuffy
Sesame Street Dinner Theater
  • Annie Get Your Gumbo
  • Pear
Self-Parody
  • Oscar: Bein' Green
  • Suzie Kabloozy: Every Kitty Sleeps
  • Cookie's World
Trash Gordon
  • Planet Surprise
  • Planet Spaghetti
Bonus Features:
  • Smells Like a Monster
  • Cookie Monster SNL Audition Tape
  • Katy Perry: Hot and Cold
  • John and Kate Plus Eight parody (produced for season 40, unaired due to the couple divorcing before it could air)

Maybe that is too much to wish for (another volume would be great, and I listed most of the best parodies and most parodies with major characters). I can't wait to see how the contents are organized. At least we only have two months and a week to find out.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Well, Elmo's Travel Songs and Games came out today. Did anybody buy it? I saw it in the store and looked at the packaging but didn't purchase it (so you could say I picked it up but didn't buy it). Looking at the back cover, it looks like it has a CGI Twiddlebugs segment (where the Twiddlebugs prepare to go to a party). I found one review online but it didn't list any of the included inserts. The Muppet Wiki page does not yet have a sketch listing.

I also saw that there were some copies that were packaged with something. I saw it at Wal-Mart so I'm not sure if that was a Wal-Mart exclusive or if all stores sell the DVD both with the extra thing and without. And I acted out of character by not giving it a good enough look to know what some of the copies came with (looked like something Elmo, maybe a small backpack or something?).

Oscarfan

Reaction score
There's no bonus segments (according to B&N), so I wonder what Kermit's appearance is.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
There's no bonus segments (according to B&N), so I wonder what Kermit's appearance is.
You know, I tried to check the iTunes store to see if they had this, to check a preview for it, and yet I was having problems accessing the iTunes store for some reason. And for some odd reason Sesame Workshop didn't add any previews for it to it's YouTube channel (it's last few DVD releases had previews there, though I can't remember if the last Elmo's World release had a preview).

Oscarfan

Reaction score
The iTunes preview is just the first couple of minutes; it doesn't showcase any other material on the disc.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I noticed that on the cover of "The Best of Sesame Street Spoofs!" that it almost looks liek "Spoofs!" could be a subtitle or title of a series. I very well could see more two-disc "Best of Sesame Street" titles down the road, maybe one or two a year.

There's so much that there could be...

The Best of Sesame Street Films and Animation
The Best of Sesame Street All-Stars and Guest Stars (disc 1 - all-stars, disc 2-guest stars)
The Best of Sesame Street Letters (disc 1:A-L and general alphabet segments, disc 2:M-Z and segments about multiple letters)
The Best of Sesame Street Numbers (Disc 1: 1-12 plus 0 and general counting segments, disc 2: 13-20 and higher!)
The Best of Sesame Street Characters
The Best of Sesame Street Storytime
The Best of Sesame Street: Hawiai Trip
The Best of Sesame Street: Kermit the Frog

And so on.

Looking at the WB store website, it's been a few weeks and the website still doesn't have the "Best of Sesame Street Spoofs" cover. It's also interesting how the pages for Elmo's World: Penguins and Friends and Elmo's Travel Songs and Games include copyright notices for Kermit, who does not appear on the packaging for either, yet the page for "Best of Sesame Street Spoofs" does not contain a copyright notice for Kermit, yet he appears on the cover.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Well, while the Muppet Wiki page for Elmo's Travel Songs and Games only lists the segments pictured on the back of the packaging, the "Kermit in Sesame Street Merchandise" page mentions that the DVD contains "Forty Blocks from My Home".

Daffney

Reaction score
Just a thought, has WHV ever considered re-releasing SST titles that aren't on DVD yet? That could be nice. :wisdom:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Cause they don't have Elmo plastered all over them?
A number of older non-Elmo releases are still in print (Learning About Letters, Learning About Numbers, Sleepytime Songs and Stories, Sing-Along, etc.), and in the past two years there actually have been quite a few releases that don't have Elmo on the cover.

I have noticed that both The Best of Ernie and Bert and Getting Ready for School end with characters referring to the production as a tape. I wonder if that's why those two haven't been released on DVD (I'm pretty sure The Best of Ernie and Bert was still in print on VHS for awhile after they started releasing Sesame Street titles on DVD).