Larger Avatars For Regular Members?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I couldn't help but notice that whenever good ol' Kev changes his avatars, they're usually at around 80 x 80 px in size.

I'm assuming this must be a privilege for forum staff members, as everyone else still has the 64 x 64 limit... so my question is this... will regular members ever get to have larger avatars? Not to start trouble or anything, but I think this should be something to be considered, not just because large avatars are the thing right now, with most sites setting a limit at 100 x 100, but because most computer monitors are ridiculously large these days, and as such, little 64 x 64 avatars would be hardly noticable.

And if the answer to this thread is "No, because of bandwidth issues", then go ahead and delete this thread, because then it would be futile.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's a valid suggestion and one we'll highly consider. It's crossed my mind as well. Some forum upgrades are planned for the near future and we'll try to make this happen if at all possible.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I never realized that my avatars were set higher. I'll get someone to help me figure out how to reduce them.

Trust me, I don't get any extra computerized privileges over anybody else here because I am computer illiterate for the most part! :smile:

Beauregard

Reaction score
You can say that all you like, but we know you have a jaccuzi installed in your section of MC...and the nice toilet paper.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I never realized that my avatars were set higher. I'll get someone to help me figure out how to reduce them.

Trust me, I don't get any extra computerized privileges over anybody else here because I am computer illiterate for the most part! :smile:
You have such a lovely avatar. :wink:

Beauregard

Reaction score
Mine's all pixally, but moves :stick_out_tongue: I could upload a non pixally one...but it wouldn't move. How torn am I! ! !

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
You can say that all you like, but we know you have a jaccuzi installed in your section of MC...and the nice toilet paper.
Well, there is no jaccuzi, but I can't deny the nice toilet paper.
Mmmm--soft!

Thanks for liking the silly avatar, Froggie! I was inspired to do that by...me. :embarrassed: