Fixing Gonzo's Eye Focus

Barber

Reaction score
I'm sure the instructions for fixing MR Gonzo's eyes are all over the place here, but I couldn't find them with the search function. Could someone link me to or explain them? Thanks so much.

Also, if it involves buying black flocking, does anyone know where I could order some? I feel like I can peel his pupils and move them, but I want to be sure it won't ruin them before I do that.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I'm sure the instructions for fixing MR Gonzo's eyes are all over the place here, but I couldn't find them with the search function. Could someone link me to or explain them? Thanks so much.

Also, if it involves buying black flocking, does anyone know where I could order some? I feel like I can peel his pupils and move them, but I want to be sure it won't ruin them before I do that.
I wrote the instructions at the end of this MC review. :concern: Has all you should need including a link for the fabric, but feel free to ask additional questions.

Barber

Reaction score
Too funny! That article is where I learned about fixing his eyes, but I never realized the orange font was a link to order the flocked paper. How embarrassing.

You wrote that? Good job on it. Thanks for pointing out the link (and for writing that article!).

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Too funny! That article is where I learned about fixing his eyes, but I never realized the orange font was a link to order the flocked paper. How embarrassing.

You wrote that? Good job on it. Thanks for pointing out the link (and for writing that article!).
Thanks. I just wrote the fix-it portion and that is my Gonzo poser picture too. Forum member Muppet Caper located the material we used to link in the article.

This poser is such a stunning piece, but that eye focus almost ruins the painstaking work done elsewhere. I'm a stickler for such details and was on the team that worked on Gonzo's revised action figure a while back so all of this is second-nature to me now. :concern:

The key with Muppet eye focus is to have the pupils very slightly cross instead of placing them pointing straight forward. The only challenging bit I had with fixing the poser focus was in peeling the backing off the adhesive stickers. The paper seems to stick but eventually if gives. :wink:

Barber

Reaction score
I was on the team that worked on Gonzo's revised action figure a while back so all of this is second-nature to me now.
That's so cool! I guess you knew exactly how to place the pupils then. That makes you a reliable source :big_grin:

Thanks again.

junebug1972

Reaction score
Can anyone shed some light on the kind of "flocked sticker" material used to make new eyes? Thanks!

dented

Reaction score
I just ordered my Gonzo and was going to order the material for the eye, but I saw the link no longer functioned. Can anyone tell me what material I need for the eyes?