Any Updates on POTDC?

JMPrater

Reaction score
It's been since february since anyone has hear anything. Wasn't it 5 months ago Brian Henson said that film is nearing pre-production? Should production be going on right now? What gives with the Henson Company and their inability to give out any sort of news?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
It's been since february since anyone has hear anything. Wasn't it 5 months ago Brian Henson said that film is nearing pre-production? Should production be going on right now? What gives with the Henson Company and their inability to give out any sort of news?
It's only been since around the time of Comic Con this summer that we've heard info. Everything is in place with POTDC but they're now entering the budget phase. That's the only sticky part now. The most important too. Otherwise it could stay stalled. :scary:

JMPrater

Reaction score
It shouldn't be stalled or 'stay' stalled......that would indicate that it's 'been stalled' over the past few months. From what Brian Henson said and past information, they have a 40 million dollar budget and everything is in place. They aren't trying to secure funding any more. I would like some official news, not hearsay.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
It shouldn't be stalled or 'stay' stalled......that would indicate that it's 'been stalled' over the past few months. From what Brian Henson said and past information, they have a 40 million dollar budget and everything is in place. They aren't trying to secure funding any more. I would like some official news, not hearsay.
The last update has not been since February. That's misinformation. Brian Henson and the Henson Company reported about the progress online recently. Look it up yourself before complaining I'm out.

I think you just like to complain about things.

JMPrater

Reaction score
I don't like to complain about things, I'm just impatient, and with the history of this film, I would say that it's deserved.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I don't like to complain about things, I'm just impatient, and with the history of this film, I would say that it's deserved.
It would be better to be kept in the loop, but the small crew at JHC has never been skilled in the area of updates. In the end, we really aren't entitled to anything. The last report from Brian Henson stated this.

I have heard many rumors that I haven't mentioned (from the recent skyrocketing expense of shooting in Austraila to hearing that all practical shooting was already in the can) but this update is the closest to any real info. It isn't much.

Basically Brian Henson himself states about both the Fraggle and Dark Crystal movies,"Both of those projects... are very close to going into pre-production...they're both really ready to go. [The studio is] just [in the process of] putting together the final finance pieces and the final distribution pieces."

That's where I got the budget comment from. Financing apparently isn't totally locked-in. I too thought all this pre-production had already been fleshed out. We've heard much about POTDC over the years that seems to have jumped the gun. Ultimately it's all crapola until we see an actual trailer. It is frustrating. Very frustrating. But it's a hard thing to get a film made that doesn't have happy CG farting characters voiced by pop stars. Let's hope POTDC actually does get made (sans farting cartoons, of course). :scary:

JMPrater

Reaction score
Thanks Frogboy and my apologies for coming off like a complainer, it's not my intent, I'm just frustrated. I'm a huge DC fan, and I've been excited about this film for the past 4 years. We seem to run into wall after wall with no real fluid communication lines. Thanks again!

Jaime

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Thanks Frogboy and my apologies for coming off like a complainer, it's not my intent, I'm just frustrated. I'm a huge DC fan, and I've been excited about this film for the past 4 years. We seem to run into wall after wall with no real fluid communication lines. Thanks again!

Jaime
My apologies too.

The thing about this that has irked me so much was the promotional photograpy that graced magazine covers years ago. There's only so much you can tease a fan. It was a bad move on their part, but it happens. It just seems that it's all bunk no matter what the source. It seems close this time. The current state of the ecomomy has yanked other films out of production. Let's hope this one doesn't suffer that fate.