Question about Uncle Deadly Figure

Jade Giant

Reaction score
Hi, Ive been a fan of the Muppets for donkeys years and have lots of the figures. Just yesterday i aquired 4 Different Figures. 3 of them I recognise as the prototype (brown, cream and white) the First Shot prototype (clear) and the regular version(multi coloured) but there is a 4th figure (black, white and grey).
At first I thorte it was the Flashback figure right up untill i turned out the light in my display room and the darn thing glows in the dark! can any of you guys and gals help me out with info on this rare find?:busy:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to Muppet Central. Yes, the Flashback variant of the Uncle Deadly figure is indeed meant to glow in the dark. That's because the glowy material was covered by the figure's black and white paint job. Hope this helps and have fun exploring the rest of the forums.

LamangoNumber2

Reaction score
Hi, Ive been a fan of the Muppets for donkeys years and have lots of the figures. Just yesterday i aquired 4 Different Figures. 3 of them I recognise as the prototype (brown, cream and white) the First Shot prototype (clear) and the regular version(multi coloured) but there is a 4th figure (black, white and grey).
At first I thorte it was the Flashback figure right up untill i turned out the light in my display room and the darn thing glows in the dark! can any of you guys and gals help me out with info on this rare find?:busy:
Only thing I can say, is RUN! THE TOY'S EVIL!

Lol, its like the count said, glowie in der darkie.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
The Deadlies really aren't that rare...yet. But in time the figure will be a holy grail. Hang onto them.

Jade Giant

Reaction score
Is there more than one uncle deadly prototype? also did deadly come with a ghost and a skull? i ask this because i have 5 ghosts and 4 skulls. none of my deadlys have boxes except the 2 silver lunch boxes i got with them.

If you guys dont mind i have a couple more questions this time about rizzo's. I have three 2 christmas (green shirt and red sleeves and red shirt with green sleeves) and one with a black jacket with grey arms. I cant find any info on the grey jacketed or red shirted christmas rizzo's....... any ideas? :confused:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi...

1 Yes, Uncle Deadly did come with a Muppet ghost and skull as his pack-ins/accessories.
2 There were three distinct Uncle Deadly figures: Classic, Flashback, and Steppin' Out or Tuxedo.
3 There were two Black Jacket Rizzo figures: one made as the Industry Party Giveaway for Wizard World Philadelphia 2003, and another for the Jim Henson Company's 2003 Licensing Show. The only difference between them is the header card stating which show the figure was made available at.
4 There are indeed two Holiday Rizzo figures. The one with red shirt, white jacket, green sleeves, and red cuffs was made available through the online store to all members of the Palisades Collector's Club. The one with green shirt, white jacket, red sleeves, and green cuffs was the one made available to all specialty retailers of the figure line.

Hope this helps. :wisdom:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I'm not certain of the number of prototypes. I worked on the hand drawn turnarounds for the Uncle Deadly figure, but that's as far as it went because the prototype required no additional modification (unlike many other Muppet figures). I suspect that there aren't many varried prototypes of Deadly on the marketplace. Also, prototypes usually don't come with their accessories. That guarantee only comes with actual production figures. If any of your protos came with stuff - consider yourself very lucky! :wink:

Count is right about the figures that were on the marketplace: Classic colors version, Glowing black & white version, Steppin out tuxedo colors version.

Jade Giant

Reaction score
Cheers for that Frogboy4, I have been lucky enough to get the skull for the prototype and the First shot figures. would love a penguin prototype or a robin prototype.

Ah well, i can dream.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Heh... If prototype figures are what you're after, then search the CornDog Collectibles eBay shop run by Ken Lilly himself. But to paraphrase an infamous football player: "get your checkbook ready".