Any Ernst Fans?

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Well, it's almost been 10 years since Jim Varney died and it's been 22 years since the first Ernest movie- "Ernest Goes to Camp"- was released. Maybe it's getting time for some anniversary re-releases?:cool::halo::sing:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
As I said, we need a really big Ernest DVD collection - not just two of his movies, some of his commercials, the "Your World as I See It" segments...

But rather, ALL of the Ernest movies, the Hey Vern, It's Ernest! Saturday morning show, all of his commercials, etc. THAT would be the ultimate Ernest collection.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
How many Ernest movies are there altogether and what are their names?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I think there was eight...

• Ernest Goes to Camp
    [*] Ernest Saves Christmas
    [*] Ernest Goes to Jail
    [*] Ernest Scared Stupid
    [*] Slam Dunk Ernest
    [*] Ernest Goes to Africa
    [*] Ernest in the Army
    [*] Ernest the Pirate
    (Never completed due to Jim Varney's death)

D'Snowth

Reaction score
*Face slap* And how could I forget that one?

BTW, has anyone noticed that Linda Kash (who's Canadian) appeared in the Ernest movies quite often, but not only did she play a different character each time, the hair and makeup jobs she had made her look like a completely different person each time?

dwayne1115

Reaction score
(face slaps) Now i have forgot one as well. Ernest Goes to School.

If you all have Ernest goes to Jail watch where Ernest and Charlotte are cleaning up the morning after the first magnet man. If you watch behind Ernest you can see Bobby patting down another gard. At first I thought it was Chuck, but now i think it is someone else like a shift change deal or something.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I have seen them all except for goes to jail and in the army, not counting the one he died making.

They were really funny. I'd cheerfully buy them one day. :big_grin:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Jail is pretty funny, and I'm still trying to figuer out how they did some of there efectes in that one.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Does Ernest's house remind anyone else of PeeWee's Playhouse? Seems like both are kinda on the same wavelength somewhat...:crazy: