1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

Any Ernst Fans?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dwayne1115, Nov 7, 2009.

1. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

More like Vern kicked the ladder down with him on it a lot.

2. D'Snowth

There was a completely random, and unusual mention of Jim Varney on America's Most Wanted tonight, that took me completely by surprise.

Basically, a woman, who believes she caught a glimpse of a suspect in the murder of a family (killing the parents, then abducting their little girl and killing her too); after years, she had trouble remembering exactly what the suspect looked like, until she saw Mike Rowe on TV one day... she then also likened the suspect to Jim Varney, mentioning the suspect having a long, narrow face, and wearing a baseball cap (ala Mike Rowe, and Jim Varney).

Shocking.

3. Bill Bubble Guy

Bill Bubble Guy Active Member

Shocking indeed Snowth.

But it's been proven that descriptions of what suspects look like from eyewitnesses are notoriously unreliable. I've heard that in most cases when police line up some suspects for somebody to identify often they'll pick the wrong man, even if the guilty party actually is present.

Now that's really scary. :eek:

4. D'Snowth

Are you guys up for the ULTIMATE practical joke? :excited:

Do you have access to the computers of friends, coworkers, etc? Well, here's what you can do: when they're not looking, or if they're away from their computer for an extended amount of time, you can sneak on and replace their wallpapers with THIS! ! !

Can you just imagine turning on your computer, and being met with "HEY VERN! I'M ON YOUR DESKTOP, KNOWWHUTIMEAN?"

5. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

Well, I got the "Hey Vern It's Ernest" DVD today. I don't know whether it was restored or not... It's almost like watching a 1980s video, but it could just be me (but I'm not complaining about that).

6. Yorick

Yorick Active Member

Very cool that you got it! I was checking amazon not too long ago (after hearing the great news that it was coming out) and didn't see it listed, but looks like it's time for me to look into it again, because I definitely want to own this - no question.

7. BoomerangFish

BoomerangFish Member

My father met Jim Varney in the 80s somewhere in America... presumably in Los Angeles as my dad traveled there often. My father passed 5 years ago so I don't exactly recall the story. I do know he got a photograph taken with him.

8. D'Snowth

Do you have the photograph that maybe you can scan and share with us?

Either way, man, I would've been like "I SHOULD'VE GONE WITH YOOOOOU!" lol.

9. BoomerangFish

BoomerangFish Member

Yeah this thread prompted me to email my sister (she lives in America) and ask her to look for that photo. She has many of my father's things, so hopefully she'll reply. :)

10. D'Snowth

Awesome, and welcome to MC, BTW!

11. BoomerangFish

BoomerangFish Member

I just checked my email and she said she would look for it, as she thinks she recalls the photo in question. She said she also just recently found one of dad with "Adam West at a car show" hahaha

12. Yorick

Yorick Active Member

That is great your dad got his photo with Jim Varney, and thank you for trying to help us see the photo, I appreciate it!

Also cool about the photo of your dad with Adam West - I bet the car show featured the Batmobile :)

And last but not least, I like how you're in NZ and your MC name is based on the BoomerangFish of LZ! :) LZ is a great Muppet!

13. BoomerangFish

BoomerangFish Member

ha! Thanks... yeah all the other names I wanted were taken... but I knew I wanted something to do with Lew... and the fish immediately popped into my head. ;)

I have always loved that character... so completely bizarre. I guess Henson amalgamated Aussies and Kiwis at bit with the character... totally love how weird he is.

No response from my sister about the photo, though she did say she would look thru them. We don't get on very well, so I didnt expect her to say much. ;)

14. Yorick

Yorick Active Member

Lew Zealand

I love how very very often Lew wants folks to see him throw his Boomerang Fish! Hilarious, and yes, Lew Zealand is delightfully full of his own unique character, and somehow, no matter how zany he is, he seems like he has a good heart and is a trustworthy fellow :)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSyxUAlbDRw

15. BoomerangFish

BoomerangFish Member

exactly! He just wants to throw his fish. haha... hilarious

16. Yorick

Yorick Active Member

Anyone have an answer for this person?
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0765605/board/nest/159909966
    It's about Chuck not being in ESS.

And about Lew:
    Right on!:D He's not asking for much from the world.

17. D'Snowth

Sometimes I wonder if despite Vern's bitterness towards Ernest, if Ernest actually prolonged Vern's life? It's clear in several commercials that Vern apparently doesn't take very good care of him: Ernest had to pull out of oneVern's teeth, he's made countless efforts to get Vern to drink diet colas and skim milk, he did an anti-smoking PSA to get Vern to give up cigarettes, he did a don't drink and drive PSA offering to drive a drunk Vern home (after he kept trying to unlock the wrong car), etc.

Onething you can say about Ernest, his intentions are always earnest.

18. Yorick

Yorick Active Member

Good point D'Snowth! I never thought of that! Though Ernest did tease Vern sometimes:

1. "I like your little bear!" (I might not be saying it exact, but Vern had a teddy bear) and then Ernest has a good laugh about that!

2. "I bet you'd like Mello Yello right now! I just bet you would!" (I might not be saying that exact either, but Vern was working hard on a roof in the sun and Ernest wouldn't let him have any of the Mello Yello soda!)

And a visitor from space that looked like Ernest introduced himself by saying something like, "People of Earth, and Vernon..." :)

19. D'Snowth

20. Yorick

Yorick Active Member

Thank you for sharing those vids! The ones I mentioned that you found are some of my favorites (the Mello Yello one makes me laugh every time)! And the ones you posted are new to me, and great as well - I got a good chuckle out of those! Thanks!