Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 40

Bannanasketch

Reaction score
Does anyone know where i can watch this? If anyone can find a link on youtube or something like thatat it would be really appreciative. Thank you. I reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllllllllllllllllllly want to watch it! :smile:

ohtherain

Reaction score
I watched the season premiere on the PBS Kids channel. I have to say, I was very, very impressed with the show. The opening theme has been redone already, but the additions were very nice. And of course the sequence playing along with it, with the chalk, was very cute. Nice to see Murray, of course. Big Bird's street scene was very nice, and we almost saw the entire human cast during that sequence, if not all of them. Abby's Flying Fairy School, like others have said, was very cute and funny, but it seemed to be a strange fit. Bert and Ernie's Great Adventures, my favorite new segment of the show, was also very good. I was happy NOT to see Murray Has A Little Lamb because that ran every show last season. Elmo's World, of course, drags the show, but that cameo by a certain character was very shocking. Earlier that day, my parents and I were talking about SS's 40th season and how he wasn't able to be on the show anymore, what a coincidence! Great show! I wasn't able to catch the end, though.

EDIT: Just realized that the Elmo's World short was the only thing not in HD but it was produced for last season, not any season before! Obviously Sesame Workshop now has the rights to use Kermit!

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Ack, I missed Kermit! I was watching sporadically because I had to get ready for choir, and I must have checked out at that point. I'll have to go back and rewatch, because YAY KERMIT!

Erine81981

Reaction score
I really enjoyed the storyline and all but i wished there could have been more segments other then Elmo's World and Abby's but i did like watching Abby's only because it had two other fairies or guy type fairies to add to the little skit. It to me just wasn't long enough. I guess i am used to the older shows but Sesame Workshop did an awsome job in this episode.

I kept saying after seeing Kermit, was this an older segment or what? I know i think i could say i had never seen it before but being that i don't watch EW and all but it was good to see Kermit once again in his little house. I would love to see him in a new segment with Grover trying to sell him something but on well. Can't wait to see some more hidden stuff through out season.

BIGMuppetFan

Reaction score
I just want to say a few things, the Opening scene with Big Bird and everybody was great, it was nice to see everyone Even Barkley got in the on the action, I did not watch Abbey scene that much and I Fast Forward through EW and then I saw Kermit and was like "I so Have to rewind" and I did and was so happy to see :smile: made me Smile! :smile:

The Michelle Obama scene was cute, and I like how Big Bird made the Pun about Michelle being a tall woman,

I Like Murry but I like it more how Sesame Street used to go from Scene to Scene without any intro, just a graphic flying by on the screen,

Over all I liked this Episode and I hope they continue to bring in more nods from the past 40 years that make the fans happy,

BeckyDR

Reaction score
[*]The birthday cake with 40 candles, included in a counting-by-fives number clip...a subtle reminder of you-know-what. (There were at least three new number clips in this episode, in fact; Traction Jackson's song was decent, though I wish they'd revived some of the older segments about counting to 40! *sigh*)
same here, especially 40 Dots and 40 Blocks from my home

Drtooth

Reaction score
I decided to forgo EW, since it's an old one, and you only really need to see them once.

Watching this episode one thing stuck out like a sore thumb. The painfully obvious effects of SW's recession budget. The street was completely deserted in the opening story... save for 4 animals, 2 monsters, Bo Peep and Chris and Luis. Not even background kids. Heck, there was a scene with Oscar's can and Oscar wasn't even in there. Not only that, but I'm starting to think that's a major reason why the show seems to be made out of 4 smaller shows now. The Ernie and Bert's Great Adventures (not seen today) have all been done, and forseeably have all aired in Europe... they even used a segment from Sesame English! That Cookie Monster cartoon about the letter E.

This format, I would say takes some getting used to, but who are we kidding? It may just very well be a one season thing. They'll either tweak it or delete it all together.

The Murray was clearly reused, but they did seem to listen to what I said a while back... cut the stuff about the guessing game. They did that.

And Mad Men and the Ernie and Bert segment (I'm guessing new... and it had Frank Oz as Bert) were great... though I already saw the internet video of Mad Men.

I'm really diggin' Abby's Fairy school... too bad it seems like it should either be its own show, or separate from the street in any other way. I'm really liking Blarrg or Blog or whatever his name is. Plus, those funny little references to The Ramones (The Haystack's song) and M.C. Hammer (The Donkey Dance). And the CGI characters all look perfectly Muppety. Why, isn't that Oscar's pet Iago they used as the Donkey?

mbmfrog

Reaction score
Okay a few questions...

Did anyone see the new Bert and Ernie sketch on today show ?

And also does the word Muppets apply to both the general Muppets at disney and the Muppets of Sesame Street, because in their new ending segment, they're show the puppetters as the Muppets of Sesame Street ?

Also does anyone find it odd that on Today's Abby's Fairy school, they were talking about Puppets, when the main characters an actual Muppet ?