Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 40

InvaderZim

Reaction score
I'm really glad that Zoe will go back to her original size in season 41. (As mentioned on Muppet Wiki.)

The smaller Zoe was an interesting experiment, and I suppose I could have gotten used to it if I had to, but I'm still glad that they did away with "smaller Zoe".
Me too-the original size Zoe is always better.

mbmfrog

Reaction score
I'm really glad that Zoe will go back to her original size in season 41. (As mentioned on Muppet Wiki.)

The smaller Zoe was an interesting experiment, and I suppose I could have gotten used to it if I had to, but I'm still glad that they did away with "smaller Zoe".
YES democracy rules again as we voice our complaints to SW and now they're going to change Zoe back to her original size head.

The sad thing is that this all had to be done around the 40th season/anniversary of the show. :grouchy:

InvaderZim

Reaction score
After three episodes with a celebrity explains the word of the day segment missing here in Australia , we finally get one-Debra Messing explains nature in 4190.

The iPod commercial parody (Big Bird, Elmo & Snuffy dancing to the sound of the letter d) was hilarious-and Ziggy Marley's Set Your Piggies Free is terrific.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

Well, it wasn't the size that bothered me as much as her wild hairstyle. She really needs a trim there.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Zoe is such a great looking puppet. Not the most complex character ever to appear on Sesame Street, but she really does have a unique style that you just didn't see prior to the 90's. I mean, for the longest time, any additional monsters would have been made up of AM's covered in fur. Her design is just wonderful and her eyes, when properly proportioned to her head make her look very expressive. With Homunculus Zoe, however, the proportions are all wrong, and her hair throws it even further out of whack. She looks like a cheaply made plush doll version of herself, and I really think it takes away from the character's overall visual appeal.

But make no mistake... they used her only because they would need to have built another Zoe anyway (she gets a lot of play, and her puppet would wear out... plus, they always need at least one back up), and using a shrunken Zoe that was only that small because it was a puppet of Zoe as something else was the cheaper alternative than to build another and just toss the alternate sized one aside.

I think they should have made THAT the back up.

ErnieBertGonzo

Reaction score
Just curious, relating to Episode 4209: I have not seen this one yet so I'll ask here - anyone know who performed Harvey in his season 40 appearance, or is there not enough of a sample to tell (as it seems like he just laughed)?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Joey Mazzarino. It's obvious, he does the laugh just as well, and he's likely the only extra puppeteer on set at the time that could have vocally performed him.

ErnieBertGonzo

Reaction score
Joey Mazzarino. It's obvious, he does the laugh just as well, and he's likely the only extra puppeteer on set at the time that could have vocally performed him.
Is there an audio/video sample on the internet somewhere that I could listen to?

Drtooth

Reaction score
You're going to have to wait until Oscarfan finishes compiling the 40th season hidden gems clip reel for that, I think.