Season 40 Hidden Gems

Mupp

Reaction score
Since season 40 started, I've managed to catch many of these hidden gems on my own, but I hadn't noticed some of the smaller ones.

I'm so glad that there is that "hidden gems" page on Muppet Wiki.

I think that these hidden gems are a fantastic idea!

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
WHOA! I'm totally freaking out about Sherlock Hemlock being on Sesame Street and actually speaking and interacting with The Count! That rules! And definitely good to see Herry in there too. I'm really going to be looking forward to this "Hidden Gems" compilation video at the end of the season.
Thanks for working on this, Oscarfan. I'm sure all the fans who don't have the means to get all these video clips will appreciate having them to peruse through later. :smile::search::batty:

dwmckim

Reaction score
A suggestion if you're doing a video compilation of gems...i'd also include the Jerry Muppet from the Families Stand Together special - not a SST episode proper, but i'd still consider that in the season 40 Hidden Gem family.

Muppet Frog

Reaction score
I wonder if Steve, Fran or David Rudman will make any hidden cameos in this occassion?

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
WHOA! I'm totally freaking out about Sherlock Hemlock being on Sesame Street and actually speaking and interacting with The Count! That rules! And definitely good to see Herry in there too. I'm really going to be looking forward to this "Hidden Gems" compilation video at the end of the season.
Thanks for working on this, Oscarfan. I'm sure all the fans who don't have the means to get all these video clips will appreciate having them to peruse through later. :smile::search::batty:
Yeah. I've noticed that. It looked like a busy episode for Jerry Nelson. It was cool that Sherlock actually spoke. I do have a question though. That guy with the gray beard did look like it was a muppeteer or someone involved in the show's production. I know there were quite a few of those this season. Maybe it was Jerry. Since he just does voice over work these days, he might not be too busy to make a cameo. But maybe it's someone else. Or maybe it was just a random guy with a gray beard. I don't know.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Yeah. I've noticed that. It looked like a busy episode for Jerry Nelson. It was cool that Sherlock actually spoke. I do have a question though. That guy with the gray beard did look like it was a muppeteer or someone involved in the show's production. I know there were quite a few of those this season. Maybe it was Jerry. Since he just does voice over work these days, he might not be too busy to make a cameo. But maybe it's someone else. Or maybe it was just a random guy with a gray beard. I don't know.
The guy with the gray beard asking for his peanut butter and jelly? That was Jerry.

Unless you're talking about a MUPPET, in which I case I missed it.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Nope. I read on the other thread that the guy I was talking about was indeed Jerry. I didn't see any gray bearded muppet there.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well, we all know about the "Classic Crayon Factory" box from Muppet wiki, right?

But what you probably didn't see is the Newspaper headline. Split second, corner of your eye stuff... but the newspaper featured a picture of the infamous I Beam.

That orange glow is UNMISTAKABLE

dwmckim

Reaction score
A nomenclature nitpick

The Muppet fan community has taken to refer to these as "hidden gems" but i don't think that's the best term since they range to being very subtle/hidden to being pretty overt. That name started because the first we heard about them was the TP interview with Joey Mazzarino where he talked about gems hidden in each episode thus the term "Hidden Gems" made its way into the Muppet Freak Vernacular.

I've taken to just simply calling them "Gems" myself and i also noticed Louise Gikow's book also just refers to them as "Gems". Others may disagree if only because they just don't like to change estabished habits, but personally i prefer just calling them "Gems" or even "Season 40 Gems" if you prefer something less vague. When you have a rarely seen Muppet getting a fair amount of screentime or everything pauses for a second for Luis to give one of his great reaction shots when he pulls The Teeny Little Superguy out of the broken washing machine (complete with theme music), "Hidden Gem" just doesn't seem like the right term.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well... Maria and her photo scrap book is self explanatory... but I SWEAR I heard "Proud to be a Cow" Mumbled at the beginning.