"Back to Sesame's Future" - Another Lamefic from D'Snowth

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Over three months now, and still, this has gone mostly un-noticed.

Now I've lost interest in continuing the story.

ISNorden

Reaction score
Over three months now, and still, this has gone mostly un-noticed.

Now I've lost interest in continuing the story.
Awwww, that's a shame; I too am a fan of both classic Sesame Street and the Back to the Future trilogies. If this existed as a direct-to-DVD set for the adult fans, you can bet I'd be curious to see how the story went on! :insatiable:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, now that I've got a decent amount of readers...

Chapter Two - Haven't I Seen Me Somewhere Before?

The setting is of a realistic looking inner city street, somewhere in Harlem; the straight little street consists of a collection of construction doors, a somewhat grundy two-story brownstone house, a wide fence, a little store with a striped awning and a black-and-yellow checkered exterior, the front door to a tenament, and an empty store front. The sounds of moaning can be heard, as Big Bird, Cookie Monster, Ernie and Bert approach the empty store front, all in a daze from their trip.

ERNIE: Well, that was a wild ride...

BERT: Ernie...

COOKIE MONSTER: Coooooooo... kie?

BIG BIRD: Are we here?

ERNIE: I think so... hey! Dr. Price did it! It's yesterday again! Come on Bert ol' buddy, let's do all the things we did yesterday, only do 'em again now as if it's today!

Ernie took off running, following the street as he would normally do, that is, until he came across an exceptionally tall fence that bordered one end of the street.

ERNIE: Hey... where did this come from?

Ernie paused, and began looking around, as did the rest of his friends.

BIG BIRD: Is THIS Sesame Street? It doesn't LOOK like Sesame Street...

BERT: Well... there's 123... and... (Turns around) there's Hooper's Store apparently...

BIG BIRD: Gosh... everything looks so... so... so different...

COOKIE MONSTER: Yeah... and things SOUND different too...

Everyone stood in silence to listen to the surroundings; instead of hearing the sounds of birds chirping, and kids laughing and playing, they heard the sounds of car engines revving, car horns beeping, sirens passing by and trucks backfiring.

ERNIE: (Grabs Bert) Bert... I have a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore!

BERT: (Pushes Ernie away) Ernie, we've never even been to Kansas.

ERNIE: Then... I have a feeling we're not on Sesame Street anymore!

BERT: Well... that sign over there should confirm our suspicions...

Everyone looked at the end of the street to see an old-fashioned lamppost, with a small, chunky version of their beloved street sign on it; instead of the sign being topped off with 123, it was topped off with CTW.

BIG BIRD: C... T... W... wonder what THAT stands for.

COOKIE MONSTER: It DO sound vaguely familiar, don't it? Me think me ATE something like that once...

BIG BIRD: Maybe they're the letters of the day... but... we haven't done more than one letter a day in a LONG time...

Before the others could continue to ponder about their whereabouts, they heard a crash; looking down the street, they could see a hedious-looking pale yellow bird, with hardly any feathers about his head, and raggedy looking feathers covering the rest of his body. He had emerged from behind the collection of construction doors, and had inevitably knocked over the trashcans by his side. He drawled in his deep, country accent.

1969 BIG BIRD: Oh... clumsy me!

OTHERS: AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!

1969 BIG BIRD: Hmm? AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!

OTHERS: AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!

1969 BIG BIRD: AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

EVERYONE: Who are you? !

1969 BIG BIRD: Well, what do you mean who am I? My name is Big Bird!

BIG BIRD: But... I'M Big Bird...

1969 BIG BIRD: (Gasps) Oh my heavens! Gosh... and I thought I was the only large bird on Sesame Street!

ERNIE: Gee... you... you were right Bert... this IS Sesame Street...

1969 BIG BIRD: Huh, your name is Bert? That's funny... I have a friend who's name is Bert!

BERT: (Nervous) Somehow, that doesn't surprise me.

Pause

ERNIE: Hey... Bert? Are you thinking what I'm thinking?

BERT: (Pause) I'm afraid I think so, Ernie...

ERNIE: Come on!

Ernie grabbed Bert by the arm, and drug him up the familiar steps of the 123 brownstone, where they made their way through the unusually dark green doors of the building; shortly thereafter, everyone heard the sounds of someone licking their chops, and letting out sounds of hunger.

BIG BIRD: Was that YOU Cookie?

COOKIE MONSTER: Me was so hoping that it was the other bird there.

1969 BIG BIRD: Well, it wasn't me... at least... I don't THINK it was me... maybe it WAS me... I'll listen again...

The sounds continued.

1969 BIG BIRD: Gosh... that kinda sounds like a monster... (Pause) a monster? ! Ahhh!

The older Big Bird tried to run back to his nest, but ended up bumping into the closed door.

1969 BIG BIRD: Doh... stupid door!

The older Big Bird opened the door to his nest, and quickly made his way through it, while Cookie began trembling.

COOKIE MONSTER: (Trembling) Ohhh Bird... what if other bird right? What if monster coming to get us?

BIG BIRD: Well, why are you so scared Cookie Monster? You ARE a monster.

COOKIE MONSTER: (Pause) Well, yeah, me KNOW that... but... it matter of enter-pra-tay-shun! (Trembles) Ohhhh!

Without warning, a furry, bluish-green creature approached the two of them, wiping the invisible saliva from his mouth, and repeating "Yum! Yum!" over, and over again, signifying he was hunrgy; he faced Big Bird and Cookie Monster with his mishapened head.

COOKIE MONSTER: Hold me... me scared!

BIG BIRD: Gee Cookie Monster, he kinda looks like YOU!

COOKIE MONSTER: No way! He no look ANYTHING like me!

BIG BIRD: Sure he does... look, the two of you have blue fur...

Cookie Monster walked up to the other monster, and the two of them began comparing their fur.

BIG BIRD: And the two of you have big hands, with wiggly fingers...

The two monsters brought up their hands, and began wiggling their fingers.

BIG BIRD: And you both have big, googly eyes!

Cookie Monster googled his eyes, as did the other monster.

COOKIE MONSTER: This seem so strange.

1969 COOKIE MONSTER: You telling me!

They both gasp.

BOTH COOKIE MONSTERS: Hey! You talk like me!

COOKIE MONSTER: What big idea? You trying to steal Cookie Monster's bag?

1969 COOKIE MONSTER: Me no interested in bag, me interested in FOOD! Me SO hungry... say... you look good enough to EAT!

COOKIE MONSTER: Well, me KNOW me dashing, handsome devil... but me no know if me taste good...

The older Cookie Monster began nibbling on Cookie Monster's fingers, but he snatched his hand away.

COOKIE MONSTER: Oh! Nononononononono! You no eat ME!

1969 COOKIE MONSTER: But me HUNGRY!

COOKIE MONSTER: No! No eat Cookie!

1969 COOKIE MONSTER: (Pause) Cookie?

COOKIE MONSTER: Me Cookie Monster!

1969 COOKIE MONSTER: No way! That all you eat? Cookies?

COOKIE MONSTER: Well, that not ALL me eat... after all cookie is a SOMETIMES food.

1969 COOKIE MONSTER: (Pause) That far out, man...

Meanwhile, Ernie and Bert approached the door, of where they deduced their apartment is located.

ERNIE: Well... here it is Bert, our home sweet home.

BERT: I don't know about this Ernie...

ERNIE: Oh come on Bert... what could happen?

Ernie and Bert carefully walked into the apartment; the floorplan was similar to theirs, but the layout was a bit more simplisitic.

ERNIE: Is this where we live?

BERT: Obviously not, come on Ernie, let's get out of here, before somebody thinks we're breaking in.

Bert prepared to walk back out the door, but was stopped when someone else walked into the room.

1969 ERNIE: Hey Bert! You got the soap? I wanna take a bath in my Rosie!

BERT: (Faints)

1969 ERNIE: Gee... what's the matter with him?

ERNIE: He's not used to this much excitement.

Ernie observed the obvious resident of the apartment - he had shaggy black hair on top of his wide, orange head, he had big ears, droopy eyes, but a huge smile, with a burgandy-colored nose in the middle of his face, while sporting a pink and orange striped sweater; shortly afterwards, another resident walked into the room from the other side.

1969 BERT: You said something Ernie?

Ernie saw the other resident looked a lot like his old buddy Bert, but this person had a narrower head, less hair on top, a thicker eyebrow that didn't even more, and an exceptionally droopy nose.

ERNIE: Wow... who built you two? H.R. Pufnstuf?

At that moment, Bert regained consciousness, and worked his way to his feet.

BERT: (Groggy) Ernie... what... what's going on?

Bert took one look at his 1969 doppleganger, and promptly fainted again.

1969 BERT: What's his problem?

1969 ERNIE: Yeah, and who ARE you guys?

ERNIE: Well, I'm Ernie (Points to Bert) and this is my ol' buddy Bert.

1969 ERNIE: Wait a second... that can't be right... because I'M Ernie... (Points to 1969 Bert) and THIS is my ol' buddy Bert.

ERNIE: Wait a minute... I think I saw this on TV before... either of you have a newspaper I can look at?

1969 BERT: Yeah, there's one right here on the counter here...

Ernie walked over to the counter, and grabbed the newspaper, to look at the date.

ERNIE: Let's see... uh... 1969... 1969? ! Bert! Bert, wake up!

1969 BERT: I'm ALREADY awake!

ERNIE: Not YOU Bert, MY Bert! (Lifts Bert) Bert! Bert! Wake up ol' buddy! Wake up!

BERT: (Wakes up) What... what... WHAT? ! WHAT IS IT ERNIE? ! WHAT? !

ERNIE: Bert! Dr. Price's time machine worked alright... it's 1969!

BERT: 1969? ! Holy cow!

1969 BERT: Does that come as a surprise to you?

ERNIE: Yeah... see... you guys are obviously Ernie and Bert of 1969... WE are the Ernie and Bert of the future!

1969 ERNIE: Really?

1969 BERT: Prove it!

ERNIE: (Starts rapping) Yo! Rubber ducky, you da one! You make bathtime lots o' fun! Rubber ducky, I'ma awfully fond of you! Vo-vo-vo-de-do!

1969 ERNIE: Wow! Hey Bert... they ARE us!

1969 BERT: I don't believe this!

1969 ERNIE: Well, if you guys will excuse me, I wish to take a bath in my beloved Rosie!

BERT: Who's Rosie?

1969 BERT: His bathtub... he calls his bathtub Rosie.

1969 ERNIE: That's right, 'cause everytime I take a bath, I...

BOTH ERNIES: Leave a ring around Rosie! (Snickers)

BERT: (Sarcastically) This is gonna be a fun day...

ISNorden

Reaction score
Bravissimo, it's the little details that count in a story like this--both physical ones like the street sign and behavioral ones like Cookie being more aggressive. If Big Bird was that astonished over meeting his past incarnation though...I can only imagine how he'd react to seeing Mr. Hooper alive and well, running the store! :wisdom:

ISNorden

Reaction score
Well, as a certain giant bird taught us both, everyone makes mistakes. Maybe you can work him into a later chapter...hint hint hint! :wisdom:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It's just my thinking though... again, writing this as if it were going to be a TV special, who would they possibly get to play Mr. Hooper?

However, I do plan on having an encounter with the full-head-of-hair 1969 Gordon, but again, only if enough people read this, lol.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Come on fanfiction readers/authors, quit being so cliquish! Give those who don't crank out umpteen elaborate stories at a time a chance too, huh?