What happened to Bean?

Muppet Frog

Reaction score
Hey I'm just wondering after the Get Me to the Perch on Time episode, Bean disappeared in the last 6 episodes. So what happened to him?

Drtooth

Reaction score
I Don't really know, since I haven't seen those last episodes in some time.

But it does help to say that the writers never were comfortable with Bean to begin with. I wrote a post about it a while ago, but to get straight to the point, he always seemed like he was the extra character in a scene, and seemed to be alone a lot of the time (I.E. The Transcontinental Whoo Whoo). Other than, maybe The Next Generation, where Skeeter (who was mad at Scooter at the time) hung around with him (turning him into R2D2 and Elroy Jetson) I have yet to see an episode where he was used to any capacity other than just saying a couple lines. He was no doubt created through the pressure of someone at Henson wanting to expose Bean as much as they could (before Steve took on Kermit, Bean seemed to be his main character for a while)... then there is the rumor that the head of CBS's kid didn't like Baby Bunsen or Baby Beaker, and they disappeared. And somehow they felt they needed to close that gap, which honestly, Statler and Waldorf did better (supplying educational backgrounds and content)

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
I don't know, but we haven't really seen him that much in more recent movies either. He's in MV3D and some of the merchandise for it, but other than that he seems to have been forgotten. :stick_out_tongue:

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Well, Bean Bunny did make a quick appearance in "It's A Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie" and that was pretty neat. He was also in "The Muppets' Wizard of Oz". But it would be nice to see him more often in future productions.

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
Other than, maybe The Next Generation, where Skeeter (who was mad at Scooter at the time) hung around with him (turning him into R2D2 and Elroy Jetson) I have yet to see an episode where he was used to any capacity other than just saying a couple lines.
Well, he was involved quite a bit in that episode with Janice.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuuPH-c4CsE
*insert Bean Bunny smiley here* :flirt::smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well, Bean Bunny did make a quick appearance in "It's A Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie" and that was pretty neat. He was also in "The Muppets' Wizard of Oz". But it would be nice to see him more often in future productions.
I think he specifically meant what happened to Baby Bean on the Muppet babies. As for what happened with Bean as per the actual Muppets, just remember (what I stated earlier) that this was to be one of Steve's recurring characters, as his only other one was Rizzo... but then he became the performer for Kermit, and that gave him quite a bit to do.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
So was there ever a storyline in Muppet Babies to explain Bean Bunny's whereabouts or do we just assume that he is back with his rabbit family? I mean, was it ever stated that he was officially adopted as a Muppet Baby in Nanny's charge or was he just a friend that visited from time to time, like Bunsen and Beaker and Janice and Uncle Statler and Uncle Waldorf? (And for that matter, were any of those characters given any kind of send-off storyline?)

Drtooth

Reaction score
Exactly... I feel that Bean, like Bunsen and Beaker was just a visiting kid, like you pointed out. The one thing I always wondered was why were all the babies there to begin with? Were they all abandoned, up for adoption... or were they just always there because their parents dropped them off, and they had them stay all night long every so often... It's one of those things they never quite explain.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Exactly... I feel that Bean, like Bunsen and Beaker was just a visiting kid, like you pointed out. The one thing I always wondered was why were all the babies there to begin with? Were they all abandoned, up for adoption... or were they just always there because their parents dropped them off, and they had them stay all night long every so often... It's one of those things they never quite explain.
Ours is not to question why, Drtooth. :stick_out_tongue:

dmoss

Reaction score
Wasn't Dave Coulier doing a couple voices at that point in the series? I wonder if they added Bean in, in order to let Dave spread his wings? He's a great talent, and has some really nice vocal abilities... Seems possible...