TV Alert: Elmo's Christmas Countdown reairs December 6

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The Sesame Street Muppets return to ABC in a star-filled Christmas special on Sunday December 6 at 3 pm central/4 pm eastern. An Elmo's Christmas Countdown DVD is also available.

Since this is the third year the special is airing, if you have seen the special before, post your thoughts on the repeat viewing. One of the true tests of a Muppet production is how well it ages year-after-year. Was it better or worse after repeat viewings? Let us know.

Likewise, if this is the first time you've seen the special, we'd love to hear your thoughts as well. What did you like? Let us know your opinions.

WeatherbySwann

Reaction score
Was that BILLY BUNNY in the Jennifer Hudson sequence? :eek:

And Charles Blitzen looks a lot like Lightning from Elmo Saves Christmas.

Katzi428

Reaction score
I saw it today (and last year). My favorite part was with The Count & Ty Pennington. The Count had poor Ty running ragged with wanting more than 3 ships in "I Saw 3 Ships" !

Drtooth

Reaction score
3pm. Yeah. I'm sure a lot of people watched it. I can't believe ABC couldn't be bothered to pre-empty America's Funniest Why Om Earth is This Still On? for a proper prime time slot. I'm not a huge fan of this special by any means, but I would have liked to have watched this during a normal viewing hour.

dwmckim

Reaction score
Was that BILLY BUNNY in the Jennifer Hudson sequence? :eek:

And Charles Blitzen looks a lot like Lightning from Elmo Saves Christmas.
Good catches - both puppets were indeed recycled versions of those respective characters.

I'm sure many of us love when the Muppets are on primetime network television, but let's not forget the target audience for Sesame Street is young children so i'm sure many parents were quite grateful to have an afternoon airing! (I fondly remember my childhood when the Sesame Street-Mr Rogers-Electric Company viewing block was between 4-6.)