Fraggle Rock Event!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Yet so much of America's female population is OBSESSED with
this culture, this celebrity worship meme. I don't get...is America so hopeless with rampant joblessness, obesity, broken dreams and giving up goals that our only "high" is to live vicariously through the silver screen and "gorgeous" celebrities on tv? eeeesh.

Btw, Im not sure if that was Prell, I kept seeing a bald guy seeming to be operating Red. To me it doesnt matter, as much as I love that Prell still performs Red...just the fact there *was* a "fraggle rock party" makes me smile.

Personally I feel Fraggle Rock should have been sold off, but eh...least we now have every single Fraggle Rock live action and cartoon episode on dvd.

Btw, love the "wheels in motion" reference(*is a massive seinfeld nut*)
There are pictures of Karen at the event performing Red on Cory Edwards' blog. :excited:

beaker

Reaction score
Well... as far as Matt goes, I could see him the subject of youtube videos similar to the Muppet Studios ones... mainly because he's the one who routinely has contact with silly creatures. I could just imagine him making video postcards to Gobo of all the new things silly creatures are fascinated with 20 years later.

But I would also love to see new, smaller FR skits made specifically for YT as well. New songs, new bits... maybe a skit about them discovering a video camers or something, and just experimenting with it...

There's just so much they can do with it. I mean, JHC has an official page now...least they could do is put "Fraggles look for jobs" up themselves.

I couldnt agree more! I've raised that idea before, about rebuilding Uncle Matt and doing cinema verite "on the street" segments to put online; but I guess Disney/Muppet Studios are the only ones willing to do that. Unless JHC starts doing Fraggle skits for youtube, as well as other things; I don't see them generating much new interested.

We forget, that not many people in the 80's saw or even knew of Fraggle Rock due to it being on HBO.

IF there is to be a "movie", I can't see it being anything more than a direct to dvd 45-85 minute "feature"...and that would be more than amazing in my mind.

beaker

Reaction score
There are pictures of Karen at the event performing Red on Cory Edwards' blog. :excited:
Ooh, very cool! I sadly hadn't had time to even check out the article when I linked it. A lot of cool photos/tidbits.

Do you think they've rebuilt any of the other characters? As Dr Tooth suggested, an Uncle Matt or Red Fraggle sketch for viral youtube purposes would be a really good push in the right direction.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Ooh, very cool! I sadly hadn't had time to even check out the article when I linked it. A lot of cool photos/tidbits.

Do you think they've rebuilt any of the other characters? As Dr Tooth suggested, an Uncle Matt or Red Fraggle sketch for viral youtube purposes would be a really good push in the right direction.
Henson appears to be quite disorganized these days (or at least that's the face they show to the public) so I doubt any additional Fraggles have been built for a viral web campaign. My guess is that they'll start promoting it once the film's in the can. Karen seems to always be up to performing Red (schedule permitting, of course) so if the suits okayed it, that would certainly be possible. Maybe this should be suggested to Edwards?

beaker

Reaction score
Henson appears to be quite disorganized these days (or at least that's the face they show to the public) so I doubt any additional Fraggles have been built for a viral web campaign. My guess is that they'll start promoting it once the film's in the can. Karen seems to always be up to performing Red (schedule permitting, of course) so if the suits okayed it, that would certainly be possible. Maybe this should be suggested to Edwards?
Cory seems convinced things are moving forward, that there will be big things to announce soon...so we'll see. I'm not sure if this Fraggle Party was simply to promote nostalgic trendy merchandise or to truly begin a renewed push in the runup to a movie.But Mr. Edwards is convinced, so I have to take that as a good sign. I myself think they should just admit this is a straight to dvd feature with a 2011(or 2012) aim, as I cannot fathom how this could get into *actual* movie theaters the way the market is.

And yeah, Karen to me has been the heart soul and center point of all that is contemporary Fraggly love...so as long as she is involved, there is hope. And Cory's enthusiasm is good. It almost sounds like they are more committed to this than Dark Crystal 2, which is fine by me.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Cory seems convinced things are moving forward, that there will be big things to announce soon...so we'll see. I'm not sure if this Fraggle Party was simply to promote nostalgic trendy merchandise or to truly begin a renewed push in the runup to a movie.But Mr. Edwards is convinced, so I have to take that as a good sign. I myself think they should just admit this is a straight to dvd feature with a 2011(or 2012) aim, as I cannot fathom how this could get into *actual* movie theaters the way the market is.
The thing that bugs me is he always says that. But I think if Henson would just push FR instead of trying to make more CGI DTV Fairy Tales and futzing about with shows that go no where past the pilot stage, we'd get the notice that it needs to get someone to actually become their licensing partners for it. At least someone with more capital than Weinstine.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
If I were a millionaire, I'd fund them in a heartbeat :big_grin:

CoryEdwards

Reaction score
From the Director

I've read enough posts on the fate of this film to at least correct some information. I'm sorry that some of you feel that the "only Fraggle movie that's possible" is a direct-to-DVD movie.

Nothing could be further from the truth. This is currently budgeted to be one of the most ambitious Muppet films ever made. It WILL be in theaters. And it will introduce Fraggles to the world by storm. That's why the financing stuff is taking so long.

Don't be so pessimistic. When I don't post anything, it's because I have no official news I'm allowed to share. When I DO post a "be patient" blog to tide you over, you complain that it sounds like B.S.. It's a Catch 22.

I should just go into complete "radio silence," but it's not in my nature. I like blogging and communicating with all of you. Trust me, when I'm allowed to spill the beans about everything that's happened in the past year, you'll have plenty to get excited about.

Come on, guys. It's gonna happen. Things take time. Believe!

Cory Edwards

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
I believed in you from the start, Cory. You keep on going with the movie, I'm sure it'll live up to our expectations.

My one gripe though is this (Cory you can just ignore this, it has nothing to do with you): When a movie based on a franchise like this comes along (I remember Looney Tunes: Back in Action being a very good example of this), there is a huge splash of merchandise that begins to fill stores only a few months before the movie's release. Let's say we have at least two years probably before the Fraggle movie comes along. If the Fraggles are going to be back in a big way with that, what will be left to promote the movie around release time besides movie ads? I think the merchandise possible for this has already been churned out, there'd be no big boom of Fraggle-ness besides the movie.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
*gasp*

*makes hopeful, starry-eyed puppy dog face*

I'VE believed in this movie too! *clasps hands in prayerful pose* Dear Lord, please continue to give poor Cory the strength to weather all the Boobers in this world! This movie shall reinvigorate the Heart of the Rock, and the universe will be filled with mega-awesomeness for years to come!

NOTHING will keep me from seeing this movie. If I die, just toss the body in the theater. Burial can wait :stick_out_tongue: