Fraggle Rock Event!

Drtooth

Reaction score
I've read enough posts on the fate of this film to at least correct some information. I'm sorry that some of you feel that the "only Fraggle movie that's possible" is a direct-to-DVD movie.

Nothing could be further from the truth. This is currently budgeted to be one of the most ambitious Muppet films ever made. It WILL be in theaters. And it will introduce Fraggles to the world by storm. That's why the financing stuff is taking so long.

Don't be so pessimistic. When I don't post anything, it's because I have no official news I'm allowed to share. When I DO post a "be patient" blog to tide you over, you complain that it sounds like B.S.. It's a Catch 22.

I should just go into complete "radio silence," but it's not in my nature. I like blogging and communicating with all of you. Trust me, when I'm allowed to spill the beans about everything that's happened in the past year, you'll have plenty to get excited about.

Come on, guys. It's gonna happen. Things take time. Believe!

Cory Edwards
Honestly, It's just great to hear that, especially since I was starting to doubt things would get off the ground. We all know how Hollywood can get, passing over great scripts and making stuff like Underdog that alienates the fan base, and doesn't attempt to get a new one...

I never doubted that it would come into theaters, myself... the only DTV's I refer to are the Henson CGI Fairy Tales like 3 Pigs and a Baby. I'm sure they're great films and all, just... I'd rather see more pupperty than CGI come out of the company.

I think the problem is we're all getting frustrated by the slow process, and it really must be frustrating when we're all losing patience. The funding stall up sounded like a red flag to me, but I'm sure by saying things are moving forward that things are... and I appreciate that you don't want to get too ahead of what's going on, and that some of the info is hush hush that you can't tell us until it's finalized. We tend to get ahead of ourselves when we heard any real news... Fans were talking about the 10th series of Sesame Street action figures before they even released the first wave. Unfortunately, that was canned. But it was only a toyline, not a movie.

Sure, I've gone from "This movie is going to happen" to "Man, I hope this movie Happens!" And I had the most faith of everyone here. But this really does give me a lot of hope... this and the big event in question.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Don't be so pessimistic...It's gonna happen. Things take time. Believe!

Cory Edwards
I believe. Things seem to have been cautious on the Weinstein front so far and I don't think that's a bad thing. Whatever will make for a smooth Fraggle Movie production works for this fan. I'd like to see all this right now, but take as long as you guys need to make it great! :busy:

Is Hoodwinked still on track or was it pushed to February? :coy:

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Very grateful to hear from you, good sir Edwards. I'm very glad that you have tried to keep fans abreast of the situation. And it's very exciting to hear just how ambitious a project it is, despite the fact that this means more time getting the funds figured out.

Though I have a tendency to be impatient, I'm happy to hear you're going for a quality film rather than a quick film. Can't wait! (Or, rather, I will wait, but look forward to not having to anymore... or something.)

:coy: :coy: :coy: Wembleys all around!

(he's my favorite, too)

Beauregard

Reaction score
Very grateful to hear from you, good sir Edwards. I'm very glad that you have tried to keep fans abreast of the situation. And it's very exciting to hear just how ambitious a project it is, despite the fact that this means more time getting the funds figured out.

Though I have a tendency to be impatient, I'm happy to hear you're going for a quality film rather than a quick film. Can't wait! (Or, rather, I will wait, but look forward to not having to anymore... or something.)
Hear hear! I think that's what I was trying to say, just way more eloquently.

Bea:zany:{Plus, you said abreast! *acough*}regard