Muppet Snow White

dwmckim

Reaction score
I can confirm. Muppet Snow White #3 did come out today (as did the latest issue of Farscape ongoing) I have a feeling this was a spur-of-the-moment thing (as lots of Boom's release dates have been lately). My comic shop is really good at posting what comics are coming out the next week and when the Farscape/Muppet titles first came out, they were more accurate than what got reported on Muppet fan sites. However this year i've noticed that not only do some Boom titles come out that weren't announced the week previous but even the official Boom website doesn't even announce what new titles are released each Wednesday now until that very morning (they used to announce "coming next week" but now you have to log on each Wednesday morning to see what books are hitting the shelves that day)
As has become more of the norm, there were no indications until this morning that either Farscape or Muppet Snow White would be out today until this morning which may be why there were no preview pages beforehand.

This was a great day for a Henson comic fan as both the Farscape and Muppet Snow White issues were top-notch (i really needed these after a tough day/week at work!). The latest issue of Farscape reminded me of what would be the show's first episode of each year's final four-episode season ending arc! And Muppet Snow White gets better each issue with this latest one poking fun at differences between the original Grimm Brothers version versus "popular culture"'s view, some more fun character cameos including some fan favorites from Muppet Treasure Island, a little in-joke at the JHH musicians, an "off-stage" cameo/reference to a great Muppets Tonight! character, and more storyline tweaking and twisting!

My only two criticisms is that it was a little unclear as to whether that was Annie Sue making a cameo on pages 3/4 or if it was Piggy in a disguise (and until Spamela showed up on the next page, it seemed like it was her at first). Plus one character listed among that issue's "cast members" in the opening introduction doesn't actually appear anywhere else in that issue (which could be explained as the story's having gotten "off-script" maybe but another character that wouldn't have otherwise shown up as a result of that twist is also listed in the "opening credits") AND said Muppet also has his name spelled wrong!

Slackbot

Reaction score
However this year i've noticed that not only do some Boom titles come out that weren't announced the week previous but even the official Boom website doesn't even announce what new titles are released each Wednesday now until that very morning (they used to announce "coming next week" but now you have to log on each Wednesday morning to see what books are hitting the shelves that day)
As has become more of the norm, there were no indications until this morning that either Farscape or Muppet Snow White would be out today until this morning which may be why there were no preview pages beforehand.
Actually, MSW was listed in the BOOM "Coming Next Week" section. I saw it there last week, and called the comic shop yesterday to make sure they got 'em in. As Diamond shorted them--as usual--I went after work and got one of the two copies that came in. (Got the cover with the Electric Mayhem rockin' out, which is the one I wanted because of the pipe organ. Bloody brilliant, that.)

Drtooth

Reaction score
That's very bizarre. I hope I can get out there and find it. Tough Pigs didn't even have a preview, and they usually get it in, even before Comic resources does half the time.

I REALLY hope Darkwing Duck didn't come out too... that's very short notice.

Slackbot

Reaction score
I REALLY hope Darkwing Duck didn't come out too... that's very short notice.
Yup, it did. It was listed on BOOM's site as well, so I made sure they held one for me.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Okay, I guess they're a little busy at Comic Con and they must've just forgot or didn't have the time to give anyone any previews (though I swear Darkwing Duck 2 was up for almost a month). Respectable but kinda a drag, since I gotta rush out and get both of them today. I usually try to get them on Wednesday because they only get 2 of each comic in, and I usually wind up with the last one on the shelves.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Boy was I lucky. First comic store I went to (my most local one, in fact) happened to have BOTH. I barely flipped through Snow White yet...

Lew's the one that's misspelled, right?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
a little in-joke at the JHH musicians
So do any of them actually appear on-screen (on-panel?) or is it more of a verbal reference? The Tough Pigs interview with the writer (artist?) said that he planned on giving Beard a cameo.

Drtooth

Reaction score
My only two criticisms is that it was a little unclear as to whether that was Annie Sue making a cameo on pages 3/4 or if it was Piggy in a disguise (and until Spamela showed up on the next page, it seemed like it was her at first).
I can indeed confirm that it WAS Annie Sue. The pig in question had her trademark orange 'fro, and she said "This is the only way I can get into the comic" or something to that extent. Piggy doesn't need to ask to be put into the comic, as she's the villain.

But really... love how all hades breaks loose in this one.

LamangoNumber2

Reaction score
So do any of them actually appear on-screen (on-panel?) or is it more of a verbal reference? The Tough Pigs interview with the writer (artist?) said that he planned on giving Beard a cameo.
According to Muppet Wiki, Clifford appears in an easter egg cameo.