RIP Muppet Newsflash?

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Well sign me up! I would love to see all that happen here on Muppet Central.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
We tried this before and that's what created the Muppet Mindset. There's such a barrier between fan submitted content and the main page these days. I think that's what the forum is for now. Unless there's huuuuge news, the actual MC site is merely archive. I wish there were more to it. I spent a lot of time clipping images and designing menus. Now everyone just goes directly to the forum. Tough Pigs and The Muppet Mindset are my primary sources of info.

dwmckim

Reaction score
...and that's why i suggested Gregg's stuff in particular as the bridge. Unless it was somehow tied with something that could drive people to clicking on an Amazon link like a product review, the ONLY news that was being posted on the main site written by someone other than Phil was from Gregg. He was the only "reporter" getting his stuff posted. Many news articles were jointly published on MC and the Newsflash. So take that a step further and archive all those old articles here and i would imagine he'd still have that open door to post news articles here even if no one else can seem to get stuff published here in a timely fashion.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
...and that's why i suggested Gregg's stuff in particular as the bridge. Unless it was somehow tied with something that could drive people to clicking on an Amazon link like a product review, the ONLY news that was being posted on the main site written by someone other than Phil was from Gregg. He was the only "reporter" getting his stuff posted. Many news articles were jointly published on MC and the Newsflash. So take that a step further and archive all those old articles here and i would imagine he'd still have that open door to post news articles here even if no one else can seem to get stuff published here in a timely fashion.
I guess so. I haven't seen a willingness for any new content housed on the main page. Ryan and others had a whole bunch of new, crisp, edited articles with pictures that were ready to go last summer that just sat there for many weeks and were never published. MC has become 5% site and 95% forum.

Anyway, Newsflash seems to be back! Thank frog! :smile:

theprawncracker

Reaction score
I would love to see that happen, but I don't expect it to. Like Jamie has said, this is why the Mindset was started. I waited a month for Phil to post some very well-written articles by people here on he forum and he never, ever did. He even told me in an email they would be up within the week and I gave him three extras and nothing ever happened with them.

I understand that Phil is busy, but there is nothing left to this site besides the forum. It's extremely disappointing and highly misleading if you ask me. I will never understand why he couldn't simply upload a completely written, proof-read, and edited article with links and pictures included (three of which I submitted him). There is no logical reason for this that I can see besides distrust in dedicated members of the forum or just an unspoken of hierarchy of "if I didn't write it, it's not going on my site."

I'm not trying to sound biased or completely bash Phil or Muppet Central, but really there is nothing to this once proud place besides the forum. If we on the forum can't even get respect or contribute to the site, how long will there be a loyal forum fan-base--the one thing keeping this place going?

If Phil wants to use the Newsflash's updates and sources, then I would love to see him hire Greg to completely rehaul the main site with all of the great news of the past year, but I just do not see that happening. I don't know if this has just been my experience, but the main site and (some) of the Muppet Central higher-ups now seem to represent nothing but empty hope and broken promises. :smirk:

dwmckim

Reaction score
Oh THANK FROG everything seems to be resolved. Even if Gregg never updated the site again, it would be a shame to lose those archives! Hopefully things will be back to normal (even if it's been the "most recent version of normal" with all-Twitter, all the time and the main site getting the stale leftovers!)

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I do like the Facebook updates. Those I read. I just like it best on the MNF site!

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I'm Getting my interviews, and saving them to my computar!

Luke

Reaction score
Oh its back thats cool - must have just needed to renew the domain.

As for articles on MC -i think it'd be great if the news section was revamped so it could be updated a lot easier on the fly, but i also understand that only really official news, reviews and possibly interviews fit the main site - things like reviews of fanfics or speculation on news items are best left on the forum. I know some sites are ok with including that but MC is written in a different tone really. I think a lot of the interviews on the Mindset are fantastic and it'd be cool if some of those could find their way over onto MC - also if the opportunity to update the ones here already ever arose it'd be good to see them updated since a lot of stuff has happened since.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Concerning MC, we share the same concerns as each of you. Some major things are brewing as far as content and changes for the site... more announcements will be coming soon.