Diets...not fun..but gonna be WORTH IT!

Katzi428

Reaction score
Hi everyone!
Last December I saw my regular doctor. She told me I was overweight (which I knew) and I was pre-diabetic!(which I didn't know! :eek: ) So I was told to go on a diet. I'm on a diet now & saw my neurologist yesterday. I usually get weighed in his office but don't ask how many pounds I am because I'm embarrassed.Thistime I asked though because I wanted to find out if I lost anything or not. Guess what? I lost 20 POUNDS! :excited::super: I am sooooo proud of myself! I thought I only lost only about 5.BOY was I shocked! Granted,I have a long way to go. But still, 20 pounds off is great,right?
Love,
Kathy

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind losing 20 pounds myself... matter of fact, I'd kill to lose 120 pounds. :eek:

So congrats Kath! It's hard enough trying to lose it a little bit at a time, but 20 pounds is quite an accomplishment! Kudos!

Katzi428

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind losing 20 pounds myself... matter of fact, I'd kill to lose 120 pounds. :eek:

So congrats Kath! It's hard enough trying to lose it a little bit at a time, but 20 pounds is quite an accomplishment! Kudos!
Thanks Snowseph!:smile:
I was such a grouch the other day because I thought I hadn't lost anything & I was beginning to get frustrated w/myself.But I'm OK now needless to say.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Congratulations! It's a difficult thing to do. Feeling good from being well is the best part.

On a side note. I always mention this, not just due to my corn allergy, but because it's true. The number of calories consumed a day drops dramatically when people cut out any and all corn syrup sweetened products. However, that is due in part to hunger. Even Snapple’s got corn syrup. It’s the nicotine of the food industry. I wonder why dieticians go through so many strange and radical theories, when just neglecting that particular ingredient does so much. :hungry:

Congrats again! :super:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Thanks Snowseph!:smile:
I was such a grouch the other day because I thought I hadn't lost anything & I was beginning to get frustrated w/myself.But I'm OK now needless to say.
I can relate to that, because it IS frustrating...

Recently, my new doctor gave me the goal to lose at least 8 pounds by my next visit... I ALMOST made it by one pound, so needless to say, I was feeling pretty good about myself... but then the next time I went, I had putall of that back on and then some... making past the 300 mark. :cry: Boy, was I in a bad shape that day.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Congratulations Kathy. Keep it up. :smile:

And Snowth. Have you considered joining a gym? Exercise and diet go hand in hand together. I know it is difficult but at least give it a try.

Incidentally Kathy. Are you able to exercise much if you don't mind me asking? I know you need to use a wheelchair but is this any disadvantage to you? Still 20 pounds is a wonderful achievement, so I suppose you must be able to do something to burn the fat at least.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
To answer the question directed at me, no, because gym memberships are VERY costly, and now is really not a good time to afford "luxuries" with the economy and all.

On the other hand, quite a few of my doctors have said that simple walking is the best form of exercize (even more so than running or jogging), and it must be true, because I've seen "miracle" stories of people who have dropped a lot of poundage by walking 30 minutes a day. The problem for me is that there's really no place for me to walk. :smirk:

Katzi428

Reaction score
Congratulations! It's a difficult thing to do. Feeling good from being well is the best part.

On a side note. I always mention this, not just due to my corn allergy, but because it's true. The number of calories consumed a day drops dramatically when people cut out any and all corn syrup sweetened products. However, that is due in part to hunger. Even Snapple’s got corn syrup. It’s the nicotine of the food industry. I wonder why dieticians go through so many strange and radical theories, when just neglecting that particular ingredient does so much. :hungry:

Congrats again! :super:
Thanks Jamie! :smile: And yeah..it's difficult.But I remind myself that if I keep going the way I was going before,I really could get diabetes!No more sweets for me (and I have a really bad sweet tooth!) Wow..I didn't know that Snapple had corn syrup! YIKES! Good thing I don't drink it.
Thanks again for the congrats!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I can't even drink my beloved Apple Snapple no more... last year they changed the formula, so now rather than actually tasting like real apples, it tastes more like apple-flavored Jolly Ranchers or something. :cry:

And man, I MISS Apple Snapple something awful. :cry: :cry:

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Congrats! I can't seem to shake the 168 mark, but then again, after the wee ones stopped being so wee, my joints started hurting so bad that even walking in place hurts without pain meds and really good sole inserts in my shoes. I'm kinda hoping the busy nursing life will burn off some of those extra calories, LOL. On the plus side, though, my arm strength has increased from having to wrangle 85-90lb puppies.