Diets...not fun..but gonna be WORTH IT!

Katzi428

Reaction score
Congratulations Kathy. Keep it up. :smile:
Incidentally Kathy. Are you able to exercise much if you don't mind me asking? I know you need to use a wheelchair but is this any disadvantage to you? Still 20 pounds is a wonderful achievement, so I suppose you must be able to do something to burn the fat at least.
Thank you Marty!
But ...um..where did you get the idea that I'm in a wheelchair?:confused: I only use a wheelchair if I'm in an amusement park. I can't walk long distances.Maybe that's what confused you. :wink: For exercise I walk in my neighborhood & I bowl once a week. I'm not going to be losing 20 pounds every week. I think I lost so much this time because I suddenly stopped eating so many sweets & started eating more fruit.
Thanks again for the congratulations!

Katzi428

Reaction score
Congrats! I can't seem to shake the 168 mark, but then again, after the wee ones stopped being so wee, my joints started hurting so bad that even walking in place hurts without pain meds and really good sole inserts in my shoes. I'm kinda hoping the busy nursing life will burn off some of those extra calories, LOL. On the plus side, though, my arm strength has increased from having to wrangle 85-90lb puppies.
Thanks for the congrats Kelly!
LOL about your arm strength increasing after chasing the chubby puppies!:smile: (Yeah..I bet your joints hurt from picking them up! OUCH!:sympathy: ) Well,like you said,hopefully the nursing life will help you out.
Thanks again for the congrats!

RedPiggy

Reaction score
:big_grin:

Well, we had to stop walking them because we can't control them ... and my brother is heavier than I am. Now we take them to the dog parks in the mornings so they can run free (and keep ourselves from face-planting on the ground, which they've made me do once).

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Thank you Marty!
But ...um..where did you get the idea that I'm in a wheelchair?:confused: I only use a wheelchair if I'm in an amusement park. I can't walk long distances.Maybe that's what confused you. :wink: For exercise I walk in my neighborhood & I bowl once a week. I'm not going to be losing 20 pounds every week. I think I lost so much this time because I suddenly stopped eating so many sweets & started eating more fruit.
Thanks again for the congratulations!
You're right Kathy. It did confuse me. I had had the impression that you may have ended up permanantly in the wheelchair. Sah-ree.:embarrassed:
I wish you good luck with your goals Kathy.

dwmckim

Reaction score
I'm right there with you. My 2010 resolution is to really knuckle-down and lose weight/get in better shape. It's not just a vein attempt at a resolution that just will be ignored later since i actually got a headstart the week before when i popped a pants button after my Christmas meal and while shopping for new pants with my gift cards, realized that if i go up any more pants sizes, i'm going to heve a harder time finding decent pants in general purpose stores so that's my big wake-up call.

Dealing with weight is a huge challenge for me because (a) i've avoided things like smoking or drugs and rarely drink so food's always been my vice (b) up until my early 20's, i was the type who could eat and eat and not gain that much weight. So it's a hard habit for me to break. Compare that with a lifelong struggle with serious depression - and i eat when depressed, my 50 pound weight gain in 1999 when i had severe bronchitis which made me lose my singing ability for a few years - and the general constant downturn my personal life has taken over the course of this last decade and you can see all the things that make it a huge battle.

The one thing i've had in my favor has been my economic situation - it's easy to cut down food when you can't spend much money on it anyway!

I've made pretty good progress so far though i did put my weight-loss goals on a moratorium this week as i've been sick and have adjusted my diet/eating needs to address that issue over weight loss...but now that i'm past the worst of it, i can get back on track.

I'm aiming for a ten pound loss a month until i get to the point where the weight comes off more slowly where it will then be a five-per-month goal until i'm where i want to be.

Katzi428

Reaction score
You're right Kathy. It did confuse me. I had had the impression that you may have ended up permanantly in the wheelchair. Sah-ree.:embarrassed:
I wish you good luck with your goals Kathy.
It's OK Marty! :smile: (to quote Big Bird) Everyone makes mistakes. And
(to quote my dad) :Why do you think they put erasers on pencils?
So don't give it another thought.

Katzi428

Reaction score
I'm right there with you. My 2010 resolution is to really knuckle-down and lose weight/get in better shape. It's not just a vein attempt at a resolution that just will be ignored later since i actually got a headstart the week before when i popped a pants button after my Christmas meal and while shopping for new pants with my gift cards, realized that if i go up any more pants sizes, i'm going to heve a harder time finding decent pants in general purpose stores so that's my big wake-up call.

Dealing with weight is a huge challenge for me because (a) i've avoided things like smoking or drugs and rarely drink so food's always been my vice (b) up until my early 20's, i was the type who could eat and eat and not gain that much weight. So it's a hard habit for me to break. Compare that with a lifelong struggle with serious depression - and i eat when depressed, my 50 pound weight gain in 1999 when i had severe bronchitis which made me lose my singing ability for a few years - and the general constant downturn my personal life has taken over the course of this last decade and you can see all the things that make it a huge battle.

The one thing i've had in my favor has been my economic situation - it's easy to cut down food when you can't spend much money on it anyway!

I've made pretty good progress so far though i did put my weight-loss goals on a moratorium this week as i've been sick and have adjusted my diet/eating needs to address that issue over weight loss...but now that i'm past the worst of it, i can get back on track.

I'm aiming for a ten pound loss a month until i get to the point where the weight comes off more slowly where it will then be a five-per-month goal until i'm where i want to be.
Well DW...I wish you good luck!I'm sure you can do it!:smile:

dwmckim

Reaction score
We'll all have each others' backs here. In fact i may smell the newest reality show trend on the horizon...Muppet Fan Fit Club! Where cookies are a sometime food after years of umm-nam-nmm gorging Figgy Fizz is sacrificed for radishes and doozer sticks. During Sweeps Week, which will be stronger? The need to stick to their goal or the desire to support the fast food restaurant offering a Muppet promotion?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Actually, if I'm not mistaking, I think Kev actually did a thread with a similar concept to that years ago...

Katzi428

Reaction score
We'll all have each others' backs here. In fact i may smell the newest reality show trend on the horizon...Muppet Fan Fit Club! Where cookies are a sometime food after years of umm-nam-nmm gorging Figgy Fizz is sacrificed for radishes and doozer sticks. During Sweeps Week, which will be stronger? The need to stick to their goal or the desire to support the fast food restaurant offering a Muppet promotion?
Sounds good to me,DW!:smile:

Actually, if I'm not mistaking, I think Kev actually did a thread with a similar concept to that years ago...
Hmmm..not sure Jadar. Kev? Was this done before?