A Desperate Plea to All MC'ers - Awards may be cancelled due to lack of votes-ACT NOW

dwmckim

Reaction score
I know theprawncracker's been trying to keep everyone abreast of this, but i really felt it needed a seperate thread since those most likely to need to know what's going on are least likely to see this buried past all the muffining and such in the last pages of the Awards Thread and know what's going on.

The Sixth MC Forum Awards is in serious danger of being cancelled due to lack of votes (under 20 ballots). Unless an emergency decision is made to push back the dates of the voting deadline/ceremony, there's only TWO DAYS LEFT (by the time most will see this) to get ballots in (Deadline is the 20th - i know there's been some confusion on this due to conflicting dates in the first post).

I'm not one who's that big on forum awards myself but i know they do mean a lot to others so for the first time ever i voted and i'm personally appealing for everyone to do the same...even if you normally wouldn't or it's ordinarily not your thing.

Not only is this a tradition that doesn't deserve to fizzle out, but please consider the following...i've been a part of the forums since the very beginning (back when it was on Delphi). Over the years, the forum has seen its high and low points, but i really strongly feel 2009 was a very big year for the forum where for the first in a long time, the quality of the posts, participants, and members has matched those of the original "good ol' days"...if any year deserves a celebration/honors ceremony it's this last one. I'm not going to campaign for or disclose my personal picks but there were some extraordinary contributions that i feel very strongly should be recognized via a Forum Award and it would be devastating and a heartbreaking shame to see those people robbed of them due to lack of voting. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO VOTE IN EVERY CATEGORY. It's Painless, you don't have to declare yourself Republican, Democrat, Green, or Independant, and you don't have to worry about being chosen for Jury Duty by taking part. You don't have to pay money for a stamp or wemble between a postcard to send it on.

Besides which, what are we gonna do with all those bowling trophies if no ceremony takes place?

I apologize if anyone feels i stepped on anyone's toes posting this - normally i would have checked with Prawny first but as mentioned since by the time most people see this there'll only be two days left, i felt it was too time-sensitive to wait to take action. I just wanted to throw my support out there as someone who ordinarily wouldn't vote...and wanted to reach out to others who normally wouldn't. Please help. Get your votes in. Visit http://forum.muppetcentral.com/showthread.php?t=45946 for the rules, ballot, and email address to send votes to.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Thanks for this, D.W. I really, really appreciate it. It's always reassuring to see that people really do care. :big_grin:

So come on, everybody! Vote!

RedPiggy

Reaction score
*does her best Sally Struthers impersonation*

Yes, think of the poor little awards, unable to get through the day attached to those to whom they rightfully belong. They just float about in the ceremony master's head, desperate for a good home. Why don't you help them get that home they so richly deserve? Please vote. It's up to all of us to let no category go homeless. *waves ballot in front of the audience* I've voted. I've done my part. Now it's time to do yours. You can't spell "community" with just "I". There also has to be a "U".

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
I know it's hard to know who to vote for. I myself had a tough time as I don't spend as much time here these days - but I still voted for as many categories as I was able. Yes it seems like a long ballot but you know something - we simplified it this year! So please, please, take a few minutes and vote even if you can't fill in the whole thing. Every vote counts!

Katzi428

Reaction score
I voted,but I didn't really want to. I always feel like there are people with hurt feelings afterwards.:frown:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Perhaps the reason why the ballots are being treated strictly confidential Kathy.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I know it's hard to know who to vote for. I myself had a tough time as I don't spend as much time here these days - but I still voted for as many categories as I was able. Yes it seems like a long ballot but you know something - we simplified it this year! So please, please, take a few minutes and vote even if you can't fill in the whole thing. Every vote counts!
Okay Beth. I've explained to Prawnie that I cannot vote because I haven't been as strongly involved with the forum as I've been in the past. I know I've been visiting often still, but my times online have been brief and restricted to only select threads, so I have had no significant interaction to know who to vote for.

However I have just sent off a quarter of a ballot made completely up. Even though I feel a little bit like a fraud I hope I've helped to save the Award ceremony.:embarrassed:

Katzi428

Reaction score
Perhaps the reason why the ballots are being treated strictly confidential Kathy.
Yes Marty I know they're confidential. (even in regular elections, I know votes are confidential.) I just feel that feelings will still be hurt.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Jusr to add to what's already been said...

Alot of work has already gone into the awards. It would be a shame to have to cancel, and a waste of volunteered time and resources not to support the Muppet Central Forum awards.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Yes Marty I know they're confidential. (even in regular elections, I know votes are confidential.) I just feel that feelings will still be hurt.
It's a valid concern Kathy, yes. But I know one of the things we tried to improve on this year was clarifying some of the awards for "Best of 2009" so that way the same people don't keep winning over and over again. At least that was our hope. But trust me, I understand your feelings and the committee is really trying to make it more inclusive.

Just my two cents, I know it ain't worth much!