The Cheapest Muppet Central Forum Awards of All-Time!

theprawncracker

Reaction score
I told you... we already hired the caterer. But hey! Stay away from there! My buns belong only to the starving artist! ...That came out wrong.

Fan created works can either be mind-blowingly awesome or... equally as mind-blowingly bad. Thankfully, most of the work we see on MC is the former. This definitely includes fan-fiction, in which members write stories about their favorite characters. Here are the top five contenders for Outstanding Fan-Fiction Written in 2009...

"A Coming of the Roads" by WhiteRabbit
"Da Phantom" by WinslowLeach
"The Best Neighbor" by Convincing John
"Twinkle Talk" by TogetherAgain
"Half of the Stairs Are Missing" by TogetherAgain

And the member whose stories are always worth a'hearin' is...

"A COMING OF THE ROADS" BY WHITERABBIT

This is the first fan-fiction award won by WhiteRabbit. Hopefully this persuades her to write more!

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Ooh, hey, I got two nominations. I oughta get back to those... <dusts crown> But MAZEL TOV, WhiteRabbit! MAZEL TOV! Definitely a WELL-earned award. I heartily applaud you.

With sponges.

Beauregard

Reaction score
*stuck in dressing room...as door is jammed* Hello? Hello? Sheesh...(Jam? Bakery? Get it?)

Congrats, WR! Where exactly are the roads coming to? If they wanna head this way, can someone unlock the door as they go by!

theprawncracker

Reaction score
With that we come to our final regular award of the evening. The Most Dedicated Muppet Fan of 2009 award goes to Muppet fans whose love for the Muppets is unshakable (unless Sweetums grabs them and shakes them upside down). They are dedicated to supporting the Muppets in every project. Here are the top contenders for Most Dedicated Muppet Fan of 2009...

theprawncracker
Beauregard
frogboy4
The Count

And the most stubborn Muppet fan is...

THEPRAWNCRACKER

Me...? Honestly... I truly am shocked. I see this as like the Best Actor of the Muppet Central Forum Awards and... wow. It's just such an honor. I'd like to thank Beauregard, TogetherAgain, and so many other people... without them I wouldn't have started The Muppet Mindset and I wouldn't be loving it every day. So thanks to everybody--all Muppet fans! I couldn't have won this without you!

And now, ladies and gentlemen and... things, we come to our last and most special award of the evening. This is the award that everyone wants to get (I know *I* want it)! Yes, it's time to present the Muppet Central Forum Lifetime Achievement Award.

Here to present the award is our special guest, winner of last year's Lifetime Achievement Award, and my good friend, Beauregard! (Who is hopefully NOT naked...)

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
<Stares after WhiteRabbit> Good thing we're on the ground floor...

<grabs a crowbar and heads for Beau's dressing room> Oy vey...

Beauregard

Reaction score
*appearing radically from the dressing room and onto the stage, sporting this wonderful Muppet design from Jean (You know, my friend Jean) with a couple of Muffins on a headband for added comedic value*

Good evening ladies and gentlemen and goats. (Yes, the pressure of being awarded MC’s Funniest Member has already gotten to me...Thank goodness I prepared the rest of this speech in advance.)

First of all, I just want to thank our host, Ryan for all his work and for mortgaging his Action Figure collection to afford his own wage as Award Host...Put your hands (and hooves) together for theprawncracker!

Okay, now, settle down, settle down. (Yes, I also wrote this speech before I knew we weren’t paying the audience to give standing ovations.)

Last year, when this award was announced I think it took the cameras a good few minutes to find me because I’d fainted in shock. (This year, there won’t be such a problem as we have no cameras...) The next day I printed my award in the university library and ran around showing it to everyone I knew, despite the fact that they didn’t understand what it meant or why I was practically shouting with excitement. (Note: Do not try that in a library.)

Anyway, this year, the award is being awarded to someone who has truly made an outstanding impact and contribution to Muppet Central during their time here. Having arrived in 2003, this member has provided something special throughout ever year since his arrival. (We’re not sure what it is, but we think it's cinnamon.)

In fact, just this past year, when he took some well-deserved time off from Muppet Central, he was missed so greatly that a full campaign was formed to drag him back kicking and screaming...wait, sorry, he wasn’t kicking and screaming, we were, just to get his attention as he was off performing a certain Monster puppet on local television.

He is the creator, head-writer and star of MC’s highly acclaimed sit-com (I would say Most highly acclaimed, but my MopFam contract still hasn't run out.) Through his sit-com he managed to bring laughter and hope to anyone who has ever posted in a thread only to see it swiftly die with only themselves to blame and this crazy guy can often be found policing Muffined threads with a glass of non-alcoholic punch in his hand.

Do we think this person deserves the award? Yes, we do, do, doo, do do. (I knew there was a reason people say I’m funny.)

We are of course talking about none other than:

D’SNOWTH

Ladies and gentlemen I give you the winner of the Muppet Central Lifetime Achievement Award, D’Snowth! Thank you so much for everything that you bring to Muppet Central. And we hope to see you here for the rest of your lifetime too!

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
w00t! Great job D'Snowth! And awesome outfit, Beauregard. :big_grin:

*starts setting off hundreds of penguin canons* :zany::zany:

APRena

Reaction score
CONGRATS SNOWTH! AND OTHER PEEPS WHO ARE NOT MADE OF MARSHMALLOW!

Enough of that. Anywho, sorry I've been absent. To compensate:

*torrents of flour, jam, flower petals, pickles, muffins, tennis balls, and the occasional penguin fall on whomever's still here*

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Oh, mercy me, I honestly don't know what to say really... what an honor to receive the Muppet Central Lifetime Achievement Award!

Well, just for the record, I wouldn't even have been here for as long as I have if it wasn't for all you wonderful weirdos and crackpots - other forums out there could seriously learn a thing or two from this place!

Oh... and MrsPepper is the real creator of T*K*O, not me. :wink:

MuppetsFan4Life

Reaction score
Me- AGH! (holds umbrella over head and hears a thud on top) My guess is that was the penguin.... Is he okay? DOCTOR! NURSE!