More Palisades Prototypes on eBay - Sesame, Mayhem PVC's and More

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hmmm, must be time for the monthly relisting again. I'm currently putting my collection back in order at the mo', the SST playset facade and/or Count prototype are among my Holy Grails.

dmoss

Reaction score
Count, do you actually have the Playset and Count Prototype? Wow!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Sadly, not yet. What I meant to say is that I'm shooting to get either or both. The Count proto would be more beneficial for personal plans I make in my nowhere land.

dmoss

Reaction score
How cool! Well, good luck! It seems like he's had The Count for sale on eBay before, if I'm not mistaken... I distinctly remember the SST Playset being on there, though! The one with Oscar, and the his backdrop...he had it listed at $4,999.99 I think!

I'll keep an eye out if I see either one pop-up anywhere again! :batty:

beaker

Reaction score
Has anyone actually bought one of these things? I remember someone bought Sal, and Gobo prototypes. But I believe the prices were a bit lower back then. These seem more like what I call museum ebay listings. Meaning theyre more meant to simply look at, rather than actually buy.

NOW, when it comes to store, convention exclusive, or rare actually released Palisades toys; corndog collectibles kicks butt. Shipping is always free, and the prices are pretty good. Invader Zim, Muppets, Cartoon Network, early 2000's video game stuff...he still has a lot of good deals.

Reaction score
Wow, I had no idea that the Palisades collection would have extended to Sesame Street and Fraggle Rock, had it continued! That would have made this incredible line even more rich and wonderful.

In some ways, I regret that I never bought into this toy line since the figures were exquisitely sculpted and painted. But the sheer quantity of variants and exclusives was very off-putting to me, since the completist in me could never "collect 'em all." These prototypes seem to further that conviction, knowing that even if I had somehow managed to acquire all the many and varied official releases, my collection would still be "incomplete" due to the existence of these gorgeous prototypes.

Anyway, thanks for the heads-up on these and I'm glad I got to check them out!

soren

Reaction score
Beaker, I bought a few of the Muppets prototypes (not Sesame Street). I bought the Mini Muppets Rowlf Prototype and a few of the less-expensive ones (Rizzo, Beaker).

I'm still trying to find some Sesame Street and Fraggle Rock prototypes that I can afford. I was lucky to get my hands on an unpainted Two-Headed Monster and an early Ernie prototype (but not from Ken) but I'd really really like to find Elmo.

rexcrk

Reaction score
In some ways, I regret that I never bought into this toy line since the figures were exquisitely sculpted and painted. But the sheer quantity of variants and exclusives was very off-putting to me, since the completist in me could never "collect 'em all." These prototypes seem to further that conviction, knowing that even if I had somehow managed to acquire all the many and varied official releases, my collection would still be "incomplete" due to the existence of these gorgeous prototypes.
I know how ya feel, so that's why I mainly concentrated on getting "just the main line", you know, one figure from each series plus the playsets, I stayed away from re-paints for the most part (I spent almost $100 on Zoot in his trademark yellow shirt, I don't see the need to spend more on him wearing a red shirt that I don't think he ever wore on the show or in the movies haha). I do have all the Lips repaints and all the Johnny repaints mainly because I wanted the different accessories that came with each.

I do have a ton of exclusives though, mainly ones I could find on eBay for a reasonable price. I'm not even gonna concern myself with trying to get the wedding set or white tux Rowlf and really rare items like that lol.

Psammeadboi

Reaction score
I happened across a "White Tux Rowlf" a few years ago and got him for a very low price.

Same thing for "Dream Date Gonzo" and many of the convention of exclusives. There were not terribly expensive from what I recall.

Though I would love to get a Fraggle prototype or even the fully painted Gobo prototype! :smile: