Muppet Comics -- Family Reunion SHOCK!

mbmfrog

Reaction score
The inner Kid in me just exploded with laughter over the issue. As I got it when I got off work and it was worth the wait indeed.

While they didn't mention her by name, the little Muppet Babies hints were still there and worth every moment of it. :smile:

Thank you so much for such an enjoyable issue of memories. :wink:

erniebert1234ss

Reaction score
What A PHENOMENAL bit of fan service! I'm incredibly excited for this now.

BJ

stevenb29

Reaction score
Did anyone else notice that NO ONE says the name SKEETER in The Muppet Show #4?

She is refered to several times as Scooter's sister and as 'Whatshername'.

Is this for legal reasons? Or something plot related we'll get answers to in a future issue?

Also it seems Gonzo, Kermit and others don't remember her!
And what's with Statler and Waldorf in the clouds?

Is this the sideways Muppet Universe? It's all getting abit too much like 'Lost' for me?

Any answers Aaron?

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Though I haven't seen it yet, I kinda figured from that preview that it was referencing Clash of the Titans. The Greek Gods lived in the clouds on Mt. Olympus and used chess-like figures to manipulate mortals. It's not only Clash of the Titans ... even Hercules had Hades using the same setup.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
While I'm still a little disappointed this got out before release day (we were SO excited and wanted to keep it secret until the issue was completely out), I'm very happy you guys like the return of the Prodigal Twin.
Ever since the series began comic book resources has been showing preview pages for each issue before they were released (I think 13 preview pages were presented for the very first issue, but I think it now shows just five preview pages), and for the last few months tough pigs has been showing five-page previews before the release of each comic (so I haven't really been reading the previews at comic book resources since then... I think it's the same amount of coverage).

I don't know what the terms are for showing previews, or if there are any contracts involved or what, but I'd say that if you want to make sure something remains a secret until it's officially released, put the "surprise" after the fifth page.

James Denny

Reaction score
And what's with Statler and Waldorf in the clouds?

To expand on what's been said before it was said that the Greek Gods were a whimsical lot who depending on what sort of a mood they were in could make the lives of mortals either very pleasant or not so great and when they were bored they simply threw something a bit random into the mix, like a loing lost twin for example. The Greek Gods were very keen on chaos, you'll also note the whole chess thing, mortals were percieved to be 'playthings of the gods' though im unsure as to whether or not the Greeks percieved themselves as being on a chessboard. Vague, but hopefully not boring? history lesson now over, class dismissed, we now return you to your regular comic discussion

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
oh my goodness! *wants to rush to Heroes & Dragons to purchase comic book now, but hates that they are not open at 1am...*

I just can't wait to go and purchase this comic!

Beauregard

Reaction score
Haha! Now THAT is the one reaction I was most looking forward to!

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
Wow this series just keeps getting better and better! We need a new Muppet tv series already!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Wow this series just keeps getting better and better! We need a new Muppet tv series already!
Unless we get Roger to write several episodes, I don't think the show would be half as good as these comics. I Mean, WOW! There are some concepts that I feel outshine the actual Muppet Show. This comic is better than we ever could have hoped. Even the fairy tale comics are better than the Fairy Tale movies by leaps and bounds... even Robin hood, which was the weakest of the bunch.