Homemade Puppets

TML

Reaction score
Hi ho! I've been a member for a while here an post from time to time. I teach elementary art and about two years ago I decided to start using puppets in my classroom to help with boring things like classroom management, how to use materials, and how to clean up. I made three original puppets using project puppet patterns, then I tried making a a couple Sesame Street characters: Elmo & Cookie Monster, using Project Puppet patterns as a starting point. By having my puppets interact with the Sesame Street ones, it gives them street cred in the kid's eyes! Here's a link, I hope you enjoy. :insatiable:

http://s40.photobucket.com/albums/e238/toddscustomfigures/Puppet Making/

shtick

Reaction score
Great stuff!

For someone whose doing this on the side, you've proven to be quite skilled!

charlie bird

Reaction score
Awsome work! My favorite character is the pig.I wish I new how to make puppets like that.

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
Wow...love your Elmo and Cookie Monster. good job! Wished I had that talent of making Muppets.

TML

Reaction score
The first puppet I made was the purple artist. Project puppet makes it pretty easy. Elmo & Cookie are made from the Mostro & Borsa patterns. I bought the MR replicas as references & I am attempting to make Kermit, Gonzo, & Animal. For Kermit, I'm going to try the glorified sock puppet as a starting place. I found a place online that sells remnant blocks of foam & bought one for $30 for Gonzo. I'm going to try the melon shape for Animal. Wish me luck!

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
The first puppet I made was the purple artist. Project puppet makes it pretty easy. Elmo & Cookie are made from the Mostro & Borsa patterns. I bought the MR replicas as references & I am attempting to make Kermit, Gonzo, & Animal. For Kermit, I'm going to try the glorified sock puppet as a starting place. I found a place online that sells remnant blocks of foam & bought one for $30 for Gonzo. I'm going to try the melon shape for Animal. Wish me luck!

Well so far, your doing an awesome job. Pleas keep us updated on your progress! :wink:

Animal31

Reaction score
Wow, excellent job! I hope my Elmo will come out as well. What did you use for a pattern, and where did you come across the eyes?

CoOKiE

Reaction score
Yes DEF keep us updated. These are amazing!
Also, can you please post the site that sells teh foam blocks? Wal mart used to sell them for $10-$15 (2 different sizes) but no longer carry them, which is a let down

TML

Reaction score
I added a few more pics of three other puppets I made. I hope you like them. :zany: