Pics from Behind the Scenes at The Muppet Movie

Batman4oz

Reaction score
Hello, Muppet People...

I just found this place, after being in contact with two other Muppet fans, who happened upon my Youtube video of set stills from The Muppet Movie.
I worked on the film...did Set Dressing...and thought it would be fun to share the old pix, although I wish I had a better camera back then! If you are interested....here is the link...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lgs1gngsJkI

You will also soon be seeing one or two of those shots here...I gave permission to another member to post the shots I took of the actual Rainbow! Hope you enjoy them.

I look forward to checking this place out.

Bruce Wayne
^^X^^
:halo:

Dearth

Reaction score
Hey Bruce,

Good to see you on board here!

I'm one of the two guys you just mentioned, heh heh. I just posted that one photo we discussed in an existing thread a little while ago.

Photo: http://threads.rebelscum.com/imagepopup.php?imagename=http:%2F%2Fthreads.rebelscum.com%2Fphotogallery%2Fwatermark.php?file=159172&imagewidth=1024&imageheight=681

Thread: http://forum.muppetcentral.com/showthread.php?t=20377

I also mentioned your website and linked to the video in that one, LOL.

So, now that you're here, PLEASE share with us some of your on-set memories of working on the Muppet Movie?

Dearth

SeanC

Reaction score
I found that video a while back while searching for Muppet related stuff on Youtube. A really wonderful collection of shots there, Bruce, so many thanks for sharing! I'd particularly love to see a full size version of that photo you took of the Muppet crowd scene. It's a wonderful pic of a historic moment and I've often found it strange that so few photos exist from this scene. In fact, I think I've only ever seen one other, and that was in b/w.

Batman4oz

Reaction score
Hey...thanks, Dearth and SeanC!

I will try to put some pix up somewhere and add the link here soon. As for my memories....it Has been a Few years! I do recall one cute moment...it was during a set-up/rehearsal with The Band. There was some construction noise happening nearby and they were told to 'hold the work!' A few seconds passed, and Animal (not ever out of character, those fuzzy guys!) simply said,
'They're Holding Work.' Not much, but it must have impressed me, since I still remember it clearly, 30+ years later!
Also....if you recall those 'Oscars' that were displayed on shelves behind Orson Welles.....I have one of them! Since Orson was 'larger than life,' we had the statues made about twice normal size, so they would not be dwarfed behind him! They were made of fiberglass. I guess I should take a picture of that too and add it to the Muppet Movie Memory collection!
What else...? Oh, the Gilligan's Island lagoon on the back lot of CBS Radford became the Muppet Swamp. Doc Hopper's French Fried Frog Leg Restaurant was an empty fast food place in Burbank.
I do wish I had some distinct and interesting memories to share...maybe I can rack my brain? And I really wish I had a decent camera then....the one shot that I took of ALL the Muppets held up in that pit at the end....the camera locked up on me! I always tried to take pix of every show I worked on..wanted to have more than just fading memories!

:eek:

Dearth

Reaction score
Awesome shots... and I never knew that about the Gilligan's Island lagoon. Please, any stories that come to mind, no matter how trivial, feel free to share!

Dearth

SeanC

Reaction score
Fantastic!
Not only some great photos for Muppet fans, but a lovely glimpse into late 70s film production. Love the shots of the Muppet crowd and the rainbow effect. Again - many, many thanks for putting these up! I notice in your description you mention that your camera sucked. Hey, it doesn't matter - I think most Muppet fans will just be highly grateful that these shots even exist. Wonderful stuff!

ftnpro

Reaction score
Thanks for posting, Bruce. It's great to see some angles and moments that we've never seen before. You know us hardcore fans: we don't care how grainy the photo or mundane the moment... we love this stuff! What a nice start to my morning.

Cheers.

zns

Reaction score
Beautiful. I especially love the photos from the finale sequence. This is truly one of Jim's greatest legacy's.

Muppetfan44

Reaction score
Oh my gosh!

Thank you so much Bruce for sharing your wonderful pictures and experiences. I LOVE getting a behind scenes look. I'm so jealous!
:smile: