New Video: Muppets' Popcorn!

Oscarfan

Reaction score
That's just wrong. I LOVED that short!

People have no attention spans these days.
It's not really their attention, but their patience. When I saw Toy Story 3 last week, we sat through the same pre-movie warnings TWICE IN A ROW and then over 20 minutes of trailers. I think anyone would get sick of those and would just want to get to the movie already.

However, the only reason I wanted to go to NT2 was to see the Goofy short.

Mupp

Reaction score
It's not really their attention, but their patience. When I saw Toy Story 3 last week, we sat through the same pre-movie warnings TWICE IN A ROW and then over 20 minutes of trailers. I think anyone would get sick of those and would just want to get to the movie already.
That's true.

And yeah, there does tend to be way too many ads and trailer before a film these days.

Kafern

Reaction score
it was soooooooooo cool and i wonder what shrimp popcorn tastes like! but I'm at school now in lessons so bye:busy::smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Nuts...
Currently, the video has been removed "due to a copyright claim by a third party".

I know it's back and everything... but who exactly are these lame third parties? These are OFFICIAL videos and they have been planned out well in advance. The music rights are PAID for, and every possible detail has been worked out. Small branches of recording studios that didn't get the memo and whatevers should have been told in advance "someone's not using this music for a crappy cartoon character implied romance AMV." The only thing online so tedious and overdone they deserve to be pulled.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
I know it's back and everything... but who exactly are these lame third parties? These are OFFICIAL videos and they have been planned out well in advance. The music rights are PAID for, and every possible detail has been worked out. Small branches of recording studios that didn't get the memo and whatevers should have been told in advance "someone's not using this music for a crappy cartoon character implied romance AMV." The only thing online so tedious and overdone they deserve to be pulled.
Youtube doesn't make much sense to me on what they pull and what they don't pull. I mean they pull a video for copyrighted music, but usually the person that posted the video isn't a "Youtube partner" meaning they're not making any money off the darn thing. It's should be under the "fair use" law.

Anyhow, I loved this video, Muppetstudios did it again.

terrimonster

Reaction score
Youtube doesn't make much sense to me on what they pull and what they don't pull. I mean they pull a video for copyrighted music, but usually the person that posted the video isn't a "Youtube partner" meaning they're not making any money off the darn thing. It's should be under the "fair use" law.
Ok, I know I'm getting off-topic here, but "fair use" is a lot more complicated than most people think. Just because someone isn't making money off of something doesn't mean it qualifies as "fair use." There are many factors to be considered, such as whether it's for educational purposes, the percentage of the original that's reproduced, whether the owners of the original could lose money because of your use (can someone listen to your video instead of buying the song?), whether it's parody (not satire), among others. What gets me is the myriad videos that say "I don't own this," as though that excuses it. In fact, that could make for a strong case against the person who posted the video.

Of course, none of that applies here, because Muppets Studio secured all of the necessary rights.

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
Ok, I know I'm getting off-topic here, but "fair use" is a lot more complicated than most people think. Just because someone isn't making money off of something doesn't mean it qualifies as "fair use." There are many factors to be considered, such as whether it's for educational purposes, the percentage of the original that's reproduced, whether the owners of the original could lose money because of your use (can someone listen to your video instead of buying the song?), whether it's parody (not satire), among others. What gets me is the myriad videos that say "I don't own this," as though that excuses it. In fact, that could make for a strong case against the person who posted the video.
*Retreats with my tail between my legs to go take down half my YouTube videos*

Everything I do makes me feel guilty! :embarrassed:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm sick of the "yer stealings from us" excuse. The music industry doesn't know what to do since their methods are obsolete and (let's face it) half their music is garbage they basically toss around to make a buck. Especially corporate hip hop, which I SWEAR is part of what started to kill the industry... millions of little one hit wonders with junk music to fill up night clubs and lounges that don't sell albums. Really, there are just so many instances of the music industry treating their own clients like garbage and ruining careers to make you want to download full albums. not that I would. If I want something IN Print, I'll buy it.

That said, why more companies don't help sponsor fan videos is beyond me. I see a LOT of videos... even ones deliberately putting full episodes up have "contains content by" disclaimers that links to their own web page or youtube page. The entertainment industry (the same wonderful people who bring you such classics as "Eddie Murphy cross dressing in a fat suit" and "Martin Lawrence cross dressing in a Fat Suit") fails to realize that these videos make old projects come BACK. More people care about the Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog cartoons because of the "Snoopingas Usual" meme. Mama Luigi made them want to buy DVD's of Super Mario World. And heck, would we give a crap about Rick Astley if it wasn't for being "Rick Rolled?" No!

What totally gets me is that MORE companies should put their OWN projects up here. A lot of fine upstanding companies do... why, 4Kids even put up FULL Japanese language/English subtitled Sonic X episodes. Funimation puts up several episodes of certain shows... I want more companies to come up with legal options and link content from Poops and fan videos and even illegal full episodes of stuff.

Fair use is something that ALL these companies are trying to get rid of because,... well... no one watches TV anymore since there's NOTHING really good on. No one buys DVD's because they can download them at iTunes or rent them from Redbox. No one buys albums anymore because we're plagued with BAD one hit wonders, and it's just easier to get one of many bad songs on iTunes. Some little 12 year old putting up a lame cartoon AMV is NOT the reason why the industry's hurting... it's a tiny little nip... and they can just as easily put a "Download at Amazon or ITunes" disclaimer at the bottom.

That said, does anyone actually watch the stupid cat videos, ugly people with webcams (and the same swear filled opinions?), and any of that other copyright free stuff? I sure as heck don't.