Does anyone have the Muppet Babies Colorforms?

Dearth

Reaction score
Hi,

I bought a set of Muppet Babies Happy Meal toys and they were promptly commandeered by my wife.

Her birthday is coming up, and I was hoping to surprise her with a little diorama so she can display them better.

Does anyone have the Muppet Babies Colorforms set? I'd love to get a good scan of the nursery artwork used as the backdrop for that item.

Thanks!
Dearth

LamangoNumber2

Reaction score
Hi,

I bought a set of Muppet Babies Happy Meal toys and they were promptly commandeered by my wife.

Her birthday is coming up, and I was hoping to surprise her with a little diorama so she can display them better.

Does anyone have the Muppet Babies Colorforms set? I'd love to get a good scan of the nursery artwork used as the backdrop for that item.

Thanks!
Dearth
By Colorform do you mean the color of the actual characters?

muppetperson

Reaction score
Hi,

Thanks!
Dearth
PM sent.

muppetperson

Reaction score
By Colorform do you mean the color of the actual characters?
Colorforms is a brand name of cut out figures that you can stick onto different backgrounds or it could be a single background that you can change the setting.

Dearth

Reaction score
Thanks for the PM, I just sent a reply.

I've been doing some more research into the Muppet Babies Colorforms... there were two similar sets done a couple of years apart.

The quick way to tell them apart is if the set includes vinyl pieces for Scooter and Skeeter. They were added for the 1989 issue, but were not part of the 1985 original.

I actually prefer the backdrop artwork in the second (1989) version. If anyone has that set and doesn't mind scanning it, I could go ahead and print off a background before the rapidly approaching birthday.

Dearth

Dearth

Reaction score
I finally got one of these sets, complete, at a price I could live with. It was supposed to be a Christmas present for my wife, but it didn't arrive in time. Postman brought it today.

It's the earlier 1985 version, but now that I've seen it in person, I don't really mind.

So I scanned the backdrop...
http://threads.rebelscum.com/imagep...p?file=183346&imagewidth=1024&imageheight=659

Retouched it...
http://threads.rebelscum.com/imagep...p?file=183349&imagewidth=1024&imageheight=524

And printed it out as a backdrop for her collection of PVC's and Happy Meal premiums!
http://threads.rebelscum.com/imagep...p?file=183341&imagewidth=1024&imageheight=702

(Note new flash camera I got for Christmas.)

If you check the dates on this thread, you can tell I've been wanting to make this very scene for a looong time, so this has definitely... ahem... made my dreams come true.

Alex

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Very nice! I like that last one especially with Nanny in there.:smile:

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Hey Dearth man, just happened upon this thread... 100% AWESOMENESS!! :big_grin:

Just sayin'. :wink: I have the second set (I think, memory tells me that mine is different than this one) around here somewhere, if I ever come across it again, I'll letcha know.

Cheers!