Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 41

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Apple has been pretty much the monolithic company it advertised against back in 1984, under the guise of the hip new fresh thinking idea company (that EVERYONE was getting into... that's really free thinking). Ellen made a cute little gag on her show about her clumsily using an iPhone, and Apple complained, forcing a comedian to go back on a joke. YOU NEVER force a comedian to go back on a joke. Especially a harmless one. It's bad press. Now, if Apple gets offended and makes Elmo say "No! We're just kidding! It's FUN to wait in line for days for the glitch ridden firsts of something you'll gladly throw in the trash in a week when the new one comes out!" then we're gonna know if SW has to walk on broken eggshells.
I can't help but think of the iCarly episode with the "Tech-foot" sneakers.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Oh... and the iPogo instruction manual was LITERALLY a phone book with a fake cover. Ha Ha Ha!

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I just watched the street scene and that was one of best things ever! The iPogo 3000 coming out right after the iPogo 300? Brilliant! Kudos to whoever wrote this one; I have a feeling it was Joey. The only thing that disappointed me about the episode (other than the repeats) was the edited version of "Lonely 11". I loved that bit and wanted it to win, but I don't like the changes they made.

And Count, that was Big Bird in Hooper's.

dwmckim

Reaction score
Just started to watch the recording of today's episode and busted out laughing since i initially misheard one of the adults during "What's the word on the street" saying about hexagons "You can buy them off the street" (instead of the actual line "You can find them on the street"). Wonder if they go for a nickel?

Wonder if there's an app for making the directors of Sesame Street realize a vast portion of their audience don't have widescreen tvs or an app for curing the show of its repeated segments several time a season problem?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Song: What I Am. *Gets ready for the rant of repeating other material than the special segments in the same season. And yet, wasn't that part of the early seasons? I mean, watch Old School Volume 1 and Jazz Number 2 gets repeated twice or thrice in the same episode.
And on the subject of the early seasons, they didn't really have a choice but to re-use stuff multiple times in an episode. 130 hour-long shows is a lot of time to fill, especially when you're just starting out. However, today we have less shows and less inserts in each show, so they could easily fill each one up with a different set of inserts, instead of the same things from this and last season.
That's an interesting point to bring up. I have no problem with reuse of short, snappy, minute or less things. And I agree, that was a time when the segments were supposed to resemble commercials. Jazzy 2 getting repeated in the same episode is one thing, but a long musical number or a long 9 minute cartoon... it doesn't feel like snappy commercial repetition, it feels cheap and directionless. I do stress it's possibly related to the Katy Perry segment (why they didn't wait until that specific episode to reuse it is beyond me). But if it isn't, in a 26 episode season made up mostly of reused stuff that was already reused 3 times last season.... you're not doing the ratings any favors. Sure, reusing Abbys, Murrays, and Super Grovers is one thing. They painted themselves into a corner, especially with Abby. But when you have at least a decade of footage to fish from, reusing something from not even a half a season ago is cheap. I know you need to cut costs and everything, but that's too far.

Something tells me we're REALLY going to have to buy T-Shirts and gift any youngsters in our family with Elmo toys if we want to see anything different.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I don't see how re-using the Will.i.am bit is related to the Kate Perry thing.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
New guy joining the talk! -- In the past seven years, I've watched more of the recent SS because of my son, but it really mostly made me want to jump on YouTube to see the episodes and clips that I love so much. I have a hard time with the new clean look on SS and really just about everywhere in the mainstream media these days. How do you keep watching it without judgment? Is that possible? Share with me the guiding light of the new seasons that I am missing. . . .
Bryan
Welcome to the board, Bryan. Yeah, I know the feeling. You have to look at You Tube or at the Sesame Workshop site for the old clips since they hardly ever play them on today's SS. I've often thought maybe that's the reason that they don't play those old clips anymore. Just my thought on that.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Was that Big Bird trying to sort his birdberries or just Chris?
I noticed Big Bird's appearance there, but by 'Birdberry,' I think he meant his cell-phone. (Blackberry reference, remember Oscar has a 'Blechberry.') Well, that was four episodes for our yellow feathery friend, I guess now he's going to be away for a while, probably going to vacation in the rainforest or visit his cousin Alberdo in Mexico or something like that. :smile:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
He's actually in the "Puddle Jumping" episode coming soon as well.