Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 41

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, DST starts and ends here the same Sunday as it does for the rest of the US. You mean DST's not until next week? Thanks, that gives me next week's three new episodes, and I'll be able to watch 'em as it's M-W-F airings instead of T-TH, which'd mean I'd miss the Thursday airing because of other commitments.
BTW: For those who missed them like I did, there's a DVD with the Iron Monster and Furry Four street stories out already.

PS: Drtooth... The reference I made is to that classic series of animated movies starring that little redhead Australian girl, Dot—as in Dot and Keeto the Mosquito, Dot and the Whale, Dot and the Smugglers, and Dot and the Koala (which had somewhat cheapened animation compared to the others).

Drtooth

Reaction score
It looks like (according, again, to wiki) it will be the M-W-F schedule... with the F being the A-Team episode. I think Snuffle Sneeze and There's an App for that are also on this coming week.

The reference I made is to that classic series of animated movies starring that little redhead Australian girl, Dot—as in Dot and Keeto the Mosquito, Dot and the Whale, Dot and the Smugglers, and Dot and the Koala (which had somewhat cheapened animation compared to the others).
Eh, never hoid of them. Why was I thinking Monty Python? The Bruces? No no... it's that German sketch about the "Hinderbacken das eine kangaroo."

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Ah... The Dot movies... From back when Disney was actually a watchable channel.
The first one, Dot and Keeto actually had live actors at the beginning and then segwayed into the classy animation that defined the series—except for the last one, Dot and the Koala which cheaped out.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Episode 4223: Snuffle Sneezes.
Sponsors: K, 10.
Airdate: November 1, 2010.
Season: Season 41.

Cold Opening: What's the Word on the Street?
Allergic.

Street Story:
Big Bird finished taking his dustbath before going to meet Snuffy for a playdate, guess he must've been watching the pigeon quest episode after all.
Unfortunately, that's when Snuffy starts sneezing and sets up the plot for the rest of today's episode.
Alan! Cover that snuffle when he sneezes... Hurricane Wind Alert!
Ah, major damage to Hooper's Store... Then the SST Laundromat! Someone contact FEMA.
Gina? You should really stop having everyone repeat the same line when they walk onto the scene.
Wait, they call her Dr. Gina now? Not that it's not merited, she is the resident vet... But we've known Gina for two decades now, it seems a bit formally imposed.
Overdramatization when they discover Snuffy's allergic to Bird... But of course, it's just the dust from his bath that's the real culprit.
Heh, even Gina starts sneezing at the dust...

Celebrity/Muppets: Edina Menzel and Tea Diggs explain "allergic" with the help of a dog, chicken, shrimp.
So this is what Sesame hyped on their FB update last weekend.
Letter of the Day: Bring out Your K.
Kazoo, keys, kicking.
Animation: Construction Worker K.
AFFS: Clean-Up Time, New?
Blogg sweeps toys under a magic carpet... Anyone see where this'll end?
Yay! The fairy dust bunnies have been released! Let the chaos begin!
Mrs. Sparklenose changes everybody into frogs with her magical sneezes.
Magical sneeze words = funny.
Second twice-sneeze switches them all into chickens...
Third thrice-sneezes turn the kids into cheese...
Fairy dust carrots to lure the fairy dust bunnies under the carpet again? Meh, if it woiks.
Muppets: Elmo Says.
Number of the Day: Murray and the kids count 10 bowling pins.
Animation: Ten Turtles Remake...
When did they get Stewie Griffin to record this version of the song? And they switched the line "black-eyed peas" to "yummy peas". Epic fail!
Bert & Ernie's Great Adventures: Dustbusters.
Nice little Ghostbusters nod with Ernie's song and his super-duper dustzapper.
Oh great, now Ernie's using the same trap Abby and the fairy kids laid for their own dust bunnies.
Muppets: Murray plays Sounds of the Street, identifying a dog bark, helicopter blades, tiger with allergies roaring.
Muppets: Girlfriends with Abby, Rosita, and Zoe.
Insert: Your Brain tells You what to Do.
Is this okay with you guys or does it deserve a rock-chuck at the TV?
Elmo's World: Doctors.
Closing: Murray rewinds to the day's sponsors.

This was one of the better themed episodes I've seen this season... Most of the segments tied with each other showcasing the allergic factor. I'd probably put this one up in the highlightable episode category.
Till next time.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Man, I dunno why, but I'm loving these Snuffy and Big Bird plots they have this year. Too bad there's so few of them. So, like... when did Big Bird start doing dust baths? Eh... Happy Scientists episode (the one good guessing game episode all season long?)... But seriously, how does ANYONE expect Snuffy to cover his nose when he sneezes? He doesn't have hands.

The Dustbusters Ernie and Bert was pretty good too. I was getting worried that we weren't getting the chaotic episodes anymore, and only the cute ones. Not that they're bad, but some of them didn't really feel adventurous. Like how Ernie's laser turned into a Ghost Gummer all the sudden (that's BOTH sets of Ghostbusters right there). Also liked the brief Jetsons reference "Ernie! Stop that crazy Broom!"

And yeah... brain thing stunk. Definitely rock chunking worthy. And lemme tell you something, it was even uglier to look at.... fake green screened city with people running all over it. Yuckka.

The Tiny Turtles remake is from last year. Dunno why they didn't call them Black Eye Peas... do they even call those things that name anymore... or does anyone actually eat those anymore? Oh well, aren't they technically beans anyway? I actually wanna say I'm one of the few that actually like it, but nothing ever surpasses the original.... well... couple things do, but I don't wanna list them.

Anyway, GAH... I like Murray and all, but I HATE the way they close the show like it was a prerecorded phone message. They have him say the same thing and just dub in different letters and numbers? I really hate the block format.

mr3urious

Reaction score
The Tiny Turtles remake is from last year. Dunno why they didn't call them Black Eye Peas... do they even call those things that name anymore... or does anyone actually eat those anymore? Oh well, aren't they technically beans anyway? I actually wanna say I'm one of the few that actually like it, but nothing ever surpasses the original.... well... couple things do, but I don't wanna list them.
Either the Black Eyed Peas trademarked their name, or they thought kids would eat them if they were called "yummy peas" instead. I dunno. :stick_out_tongue:

dwmckim

Reaction score
Getting caught up on some of my forum reading so am currently checking out the beginning of this thread - wow! I can't believe so many people's local stations were also goofing up the same episodes mine were! My PBS also had a technical gaffe with the season premiere and the third episode! There was also a freeze up on today's as well.

But at least that's an improvement over last year when my PBS had technical problems more often than not! I literally had to wait til the third showing of #4187 to get a defect-free recording.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I guess I must be really REALLY lucky that my local station hasn't screwed up any airings over here yet. And they aren't all that famous for being perfect.

Of course, my local (non-PBS, by the way... just making conversation) channel 38 screws up so much, you'd think baboons run around the station, and any chance button mashing would put the shows ON.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I saw "Snuffle Sneeze" today, but I missed the "Itsy Bitsy Spider" ep, in fact I don't think they played it yet in my area. I might need to check my local listings on that.