Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 41

Drtooth

Reaction score
It'll probably pop up on their website or their youtube account.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
That's okay. They replayed that episode this morning, so I was able to see that segment. I thought it was really good. Very reminiscent of the old 'Ask Oscar' days. I might need to watch the repeat episodes more often and see whatelse they're hiding.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I rewatched the Terrance Howard "Incognito" segment... uh... yeah... he seems quite a bit out of it. And a bunch of commentators kinda think they know why. I'd almost agree. But really... watch it again... right here

I'm sure that's not the reason, but he sounds almost a bit like Senor Cardgage half the time...

"We gotta tell ya about the new word on the street! It's called incognito."

Yeah... I'm wondering if they actually took many takes of this one. Seems like either they didn't or they took a lot of them and this was the unfortunate best one.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Today's episode was really good! The new Super Grover 2.0 bit was hilarious!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah... and virtually everything else was new except for Abby and Elmo.

This is what Sesame Street should do more often. They really gave us a glimpse into another culture, AND managed to make a good storyline with it. I especially loved the overly worrying Telly and Oscar's little cameo. The bowling shirt's colors were so loud that he wanted to buy it. Priceless. Even Elmo was good in this one.

Gotta say the U segment was a pretty funny weird bit of silent comedy. Don't see much of that anymore. And a VERY good 19 segment. You rarely see good segments for numbers in between 12 and 20. And it tied into the Indian theme so well.

Loved seeing a Super Grover that hasn't been broadcast yet. I'm loving these segments, but they made wayyyy too few of them for my taste. They're brilliant.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Awwww. I missed a new Super Grover 2.0. I only watched up to Abby's Flying Fairy School. I guess that will teach me to go to the gym in the morning. Lol.

I did like the street scene. Nice to see Susan's annual appearance. I'm pretty sure that was her this time. Plus it seems like whoever wrote the script was an old school Sesame writer. I liked how they referenced that Oscar was still Telly's 'oldest friend.' They also got the neurotic part of Telly's personality down pat as well. Lol.

Zoe: I thought grouches liked to feel terrible.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Pretty good episode, considering it was sorta a "this is this and that is that" type episode explaining nature, though briefly.

Anyway, here are the highlights...

Baby bear singing "I Love to Sing in the Shower" (I thought he was domesticated and lived in a house, tho)

The return of Stinky the Stinkweed (he wasn't on the show for a while, but that's a'ight...)

Cookie Monster's brilliant parody of It's rainin' Men.

Oscar AND Big Bird in the same episode (though, not in the same scene).

And a new Super Grover 2.0

Other than that, at least the reused stuff predates wideframe for the most part... still not happy with that "Jump Up" song.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I agree. It seems like you already said everything I was going to say. I especially liked that they had the "Singing in the Shower" song. That may have been a reference to Olivia considering the actress passed away last year. I recall that was one of her most famous songs.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I agree. It seems like you already said everything I was going to say. I especially liked that they had the "Singing in the Shower" song. That may have been a reference to Olivia considering the actress passed away last year. I recall that was one of her most famous songs.
I don't really think so.... someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but did they film these before or after it happened?

It's nice to have a nod to an older segment or song once in a while... sigh, i wish they kept the hidden gems stuff this year.