Grover in Old Spice spoof on YouTube

RobintheBrave

Reaction score
I'm a little shocked that no one around here has started a thread about Grover's recent viral video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkd5dJIVjgM

Grover does a fantastic job in his take on the Old Spice commercials, teaching kids about the meaning of the word "on," as in "I am on a horse...." It's a hilarious video that debuted Friday and has already gotten more than 2 million views(!) and attention on a number of newspaper websites. It's basically Sesame Street's own Bohemian Rhapsody! :super:

Robin the Brave

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Yeah- I saw one of Grover's "on" videos- I'm guessing this may be the same one. He's also on Facebook apparently. Awesome. lol:super:

Katzi428

Reaction score
Yeah- I saw one of Grover's "on" videos- I'm guessing this may be the same one. He's also on Facebook apparently. Awesome. lol:super:
A lot of Muppets are on Facebook. Cookie Monster is, Rosita is, Prairie Dawn is, :hungry: is & so is :batty: In fact the other day was The Count's actual birthday.(Not The Count as on our mod. The Count as in the character)
But back to Grover's video:
I loved it too! Very cute!

Oscarito

Reaction score
I loved this video! Its great that Grover is getting this much attention.:super: Why can't they have more stuff like this on the show?

dwmckim

Reaction score
Yeah, when i was checking out Youtube this weekend, Grover's parody was one of the trending videos on the first page. This just after the Elmo/Katy Perry video was also a high-viewed video. SST seems to be on a roll and this time it's their humor in the spotlight as opposed to a pseudo-controversy.

I think this may give the Classic Muppet cast serious competition for next year's webby.

Drtooth

Reaction score
THIS is what SS should be doing in its off time. Websclusive shorts. And... uh, I was going to bring this up as soon as I found it the day of its release... but I forgot... and didn't know exactly where to put it.

But great spoof of that commercial. Probably the best one of them on the internet (and I'm sure there's quite a few out there).

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
i love this promo and i love that its making such an impact..i went to a video shoot at my old school the other day and everyone was talking about it

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Yeah I saw this awhile ago too. Don't know why I didn't start a thread about it either, but than again, I haven't been posting too much here as of late.

Anyway, yeah, I really liked it as well. I hope to see more stuff like that from Sesame Street.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Anyway, yeah, I really liked it as well. I hope to see more stuff like that from Sesame Street.
I dunno where, maybe Youtube or SW's own site.. but I remember that somewhere they had sort of interviews with Elmo and the word on the street celebrity guests that wasn't shown on TV. Other than their special weekly web site theme videos, I don't think they do enough websclusive stuff with their characters. Look what it did for the Muppet Show muppets.

bandit

Reaction score
Hahahaha! This is brilliant! I love it.