Cameron Diaz Offered Role in HappyTime Murders

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
This sounds less like the Smiletime episode of Angel and more like Meet the Feebles meets an NC-17 rated Roger Rabbit.

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
I'm not gonna lie: I actually think this movie is going to be amazing. Even from the start I thought this movie was going to be really good. I can't wait for it to start production.

beaker

Reaction score
This sounds less like the Smiletime episode of Angel and more like Meet the Feebles meets an NC-17 rated Roger Rabbit.
Wow...yeah just read the article. Was surprised how far along this project was, though I can imagine they'll want to milk(pun intended) the R thing for all its worth. I hope they don't use a Gladys look alike for that scene!

Im just wondering if this is going to be a straight to dvd/VOD sort of thing, as its hard to see this actually hitting theaters. Also if it does get released, given the average Joe Q Public doesnt realize the Muppet brand is no longer with JHC, they'd be forgiven for thinking this is an "R rated Muppet film", heh.(tho Im sure JHC and Lionsgate would welcome the controversy to generate buzz)
As a fan of the legacy of JH, puppets and Roger Rabbit/LA mystery noirs, I cant wait for this one! (It'd be funny if this came out around the same time as the new Muppet movie)

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I suspect there will be many in the Muppet fan community who will be upset by this film, but I like the idea of it as long as it’s clever. It would be nice to have a film distinguish popular puppetry from kids’ stuff, church evangelism or folk art. All that stuff has a place too, but puppetry is much more.

I love the Muppet gang as they are, but I also see an opportunity for Henson to do Muppet-like things without tarnishing the classic characters or the Muppets brand name.

I wish this project the best. I do have doubts it will ever reach a theater. Maybe it'll go to cable. SpikeTV or Showtime?

Drtooth

Reaction score
I suspect there will be many in the Muppet fan community who will be upset by this film, but I like the idea of it as long as it’s clever. It would be nice to have a film distinguish popular puppetry from kids’ stuff, church evangelism or folk art. All that stuff has a place too, but puppetry is much more.
I hear that. As long as it's clever, ANYTHING no matter how shocking, horrific, or disgusting can be funny. But it has to be CLEVER, or it's a 7 year old that finally found the word "boobies" and snickers and chortles about it and says it over and over because he thinks it's funny. A cow in a tentacle bit? That sounds absolutely hilarious and I wanna see it. As long as Henson distinguishes the project as hard as possible (look what it's getting me to say) from the Muppets, and especially Sesame Street, it could work.

I wish this project the best. I do have doubts it will ever reach a theater. Maybe it'll go to cable. SpikeTV or Showtime?
The movie would benefit from a theatrical release, but I agree... a traditional multiplex airing will not happen. this film needs to go completely underground. It would fit in perfectly at smaller, college theaters in annual or semi-annual airing. This sort of project deserves, nay, demands a midnite movie showing... right along side Rocky Horror, Bubba Ho Tep, Fritz the Cat and the rest of those sorts of WILD out there cult films. This has the potential to share the wacky movie hall of fame with them.