New Pics: Jason Segel and the Muppets at the L.A. movie set

muppetperson

Reaction score
Here is another photo, taken at the same time of the table read photo, showing close up of Kermit,Jason and Miss Piggy.What is interesting about this photo is that Sweetums hasnt moved, so now I know that Sweetums too is a giant poseable photo puppet, and not someone in the costume as I had previously thought.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
That's Uncle Deadly alright! However, I wonder what's with that green toad-thing and the hip-hop Fozzie and Janice.

Puckrox

Reaction score
That's Uncle Deadly alright! However, I wonder what's with that green toad-thing and the hip-hop Fozzie and Janice.
Me too! I saw the "gangsta" Fozzie and did a huge double take. I'm so intrigued! I can't wait for this movie!

Canadian Fan

Reaction score

Drtooth

Reaction score
Most my friends found the Scrubs cameo one of the highlights of the film. ( I don't watch the show)

A lot of the comments from children was that Scrubs weren’t in it long enough. Perhaps children are more familiar with TV celebrities than movie celebrities ?
My problem with the Scrubs cameo is that the show just started up, it was clearly written as an ER references, but they wanted to promote their new show. In other words, the writers had no clue what the show was about, and the scene felt inorganic from both angles. Now, the Sesame Street episode of Scrubs, and them appearing in J.D.'s fantasies was nothing short of brilliant, especially the context it was in. Think about it. had Scrubs been out a while, they would have thrown in more subtle satire and inside Scrubs jokes instead of such a generic sequence like that.

AH! Confirmation. I had a feeling they would really put him in this film, and that wasn't just talk.

Puckrox

Reaction score
Hey, I've got a question? Has Eric officially taken over all of Frank Oz's characters one hundred percent? Or will Frank be dubbing his voice in? (Sorry if this has been covered already, I'm just super curious)

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Hey, I've got a question? Has Eric officially taken over all of Frank Oz's characters one hundred percent? Or will Frank be dubbing his voice in? (Sorry if this has been covered already, I'm just super curious)
Eric has taken over completely, yes. Since 2002 Eric has done every performance of Fozzie, Piggy, Animal, and Sam Eagle. Frank still comes back every once in awhile for a new Grover sketch on Sesame Street but he has completely retired from the classic Muppet characters... but it's okay, because Eric is awesome.