Your dream 2011 Muppet Promotions

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
Around Halloween, have all the ABC/Disney shows have its characters in Muppet costumes....
Have a night (or week) where all the primetime ABC shows end with a closing critique/comment by Statler & Waldorf.
Love the Statler and Wladorf idea. Going a long with the muppet costume, or if they were able to insert muppet cameos or guest appearances of some kind (I'm thinking in terms of the fictional shows).

I know this might be hard to arrange in a year but what about a convention of some kind?

JEANYLASER

Reaction score
My dream for 2011 Kermit and his gang can make their own voices of the Muppets Cars just like movie hit of Disney/Pixar Cars!

Cocolde

Reaction score
Promotions

I think they should meet with fans in person to discuss ideas.:concern: :smile:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Regarding that Muppet video game plot somebody else mentioned, in which Walter or a fan-created whatnot locates the Muppets, it would be a real fan dream if the player were to locate Kermit at Sesame Street. I doubt Sesame Workshop would license the characters for a Muppet video game, but if character licensing wasn't an issue, the level/world could invovle Walter searching the streets of New York, asking passer-bys if they can tell him how to get to Sesame Street, fighting off dangerous city people and obstacles, before finally making it to Sesame Street and finding Kermit.

Of course it would be more logical for Kermit to return to the swamp, but it would be a real dream to include Sesame Street characters in a non-Sesame Street game (have there ever been any video games based on a francise that included appearances by characters from another franchise owned by a different company altogether?).

TSSD

Reaction score
I think they should meet with fans in person to discuss ideas.:concern: :smile:
Definitly, that would be a great way to make sure that the die hard Muppet fans are happy with what the Muppets are doing.

Reaction score
The Fourth and Fifth seasons of The Muppet how are a given. It's criminal that we didn't get Season 4 this year, considering what Disney said at D23 lat year.

Also, if anybody at Disney or MHC is reading this, license Muppet Babies to somebody.... ANYBODY. License it out to Shout Factory. They do great work with shows that require superhuman amounts of legal footwork (Freaks and Geeks, Undeclared, The Larry Sanders Show, SCTV, Mystery Science Theater 3000)

ktbear

Reaction score
Season 4. Season 4. Season 4. Season 4. John Denver and the Muppets Christmas together, Hey Cinderella! Et al, the commercials, Season 4, Muppets tonight! Season 4. the Ed Sullivan appearances, Sam and Friends.....
I know some of these are still the property of HP, but it wou,d be nice to introduce the next generation to everything Henson.
Oh, and did I mention, Season 4?
-KT

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Season 4. Season 4. Season 4. Season 4. John Denver and the Muppets Christmas together, Hey Cinderella! Et al, the commercials, Season 4, Muppets tonight! Season 4. the Ed Sullivan appearances, Sam and Friends.....
I know some of these are still the property of HP, but it wou,d be nice to introduce the next generation to everything Henson.
Oh, and did I mention, Season 4?
-KT
Actually, none of those are owned by Henson, except maybe Sam and Friends (I've read that Universal owns the distribution rights to S&F through it's ownership of NBC). The Ed Sullivan Show appearances would be owned by SOFA Entertainment (or whoever owns The Ed Sullivan Show). The commercials would be owned by whatever companies the commercials were for (though Disney was able to include the Purina commercials in the season 3 set). John Denver's production company owns the distribution rights to the John Denver and the Muppets specials.

Oh, and I don't think I saw TMS season 4 listed. Shameful... :wink:

Dr. Bombay

Reaction score
So here's my buffalo nickel's worth on this awesome subject!

• Release Season Four during the Spring 2011 and then Season Five Fall 2011 just in time for the movie.
  • Muppets Tonight definitely needs a DVD/Blu-ray release.
  • I LOVED :flirt::flirt: the suggestion of another company picking up the Palisades line and even re-releasing some of what was had before, especially the backstage playset.
  • Definitely, and most emphatically, a fast food restaurant promotion.
  • I also loved the idea about a TV special about the history of the Muppets. I think it should include interviews with celebrities and Joe Schmo fans.
  • Toys, toys and more toys!
  • A big book like unto the 40th Anniversary Sesame Street book about the history of the Muppets.