Why isn't Kevin Clash given other roles?

beaker

Reaction score
I'd like to see images or video footage of that wall someday. I wonder if there's a way of contacting Martin Robinson about showcasing it in the Sesame Family Robinson blog. But then again, it's sad that a wall of retired characters had to be called the "Dead Muppet" wall.

Was Hoots even used last season? I think I saw him in the 2010 Macy's float but can't remember (I know that Herry, Alice, and Barkley were absent for the first time in years). I think Baby Natasha is still used from time to time, though I don't think she was on the show these last two seasons. I think I also read that Kevin performed the girl from "I Love My Hair" (though somebody else was the voice).

All I know is they need to bring back Rosevelt Franklin:smile:

beaker

Reaction score
I've said it before and I'll say it again... he does so much I'm surprised he even has time to perform Elmo as it is. Every so often you may just see him as someone else. Again, Natasha and one of the Dirtballs inc movers this season... sporadically others. Even if he is happy playing that one character, I feel like it's an artist that only paints the same thing over and over when he's capable of so much, much more. Of course, some of his best characters are associated with long canceled programs (Dinosaurs, Dog City to name a couple), and again, there's a big distance between LA and New York. Even if SS was in its off season and didn't need Kev for anything else, you'd tend to think he'd want to use a break from SS as just that, a break.
Or just time to be with his family and or relax. Again I cant wait to see "Being Elmo", as even though Ive famously said that I don't even acknowledge Elmo as a Muppet, I sure as heck respect the heck out of the man and his craft. I LOVE Hoots, Clifford, and virtually every other non-Elmo thing he's done. I'm glad I got to meet him at Muppetfest, and he's just in a league of his own.

Canadian Fan

Reaction score
All I know is they need to bring back Rosevelt Franklin:smile:
That's one character that should be brought back, and Kevin would be perfect for the role. They could also bring Same Sound Brown as well.

beaker

Reaction score
Some clips from the new theatrical documentary film "Being Elmo", about the life of Kevin Clash.

Check out how professional even his early puppets were. Kevin coulda been working with JHC before he was even in middle school as far as Im concerned

(various clips)
http://vimeo.com/18966111

Puckrox

Reaction score
Some clips from the new theatrical documentary film "Being Elmo", about the life of Kevin Clash.

Check out how professional even his early puppets were. Kevin coulda been working with JHC before he was even in middle school as far as Im concerned

(various clips)
http://vimeo.com/18966111
Oh man, this is great. I'm so excited for this movie.

beaker

Reaction score
Oh man, this is great. I'm so excited for this movie.
Me too! This is the third theatrical full length Sesame Street documentary that has premiered at Sundance Film Festival in recent years, the others being "The World According to Sesame Street"(which is hard to watch in parts due to the subject matter), and "When Muppets Dream of Peace"

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Me too! This is the third theatrical full length Sesame Street documentary that has premiered at Sundance Film Festival in recent years, the others being "The World According to Sesame Street"(which is hard to watch in parts due to the subject matter), and "When Muppets Dream of Peace"
Has there been any news of a DVD release of "When Muppets Dream of Peace"?

I read a review of it at Tough pigs today, and I'm glad to know that it has some clips of Richard Hunt as Elmo (presumably his Elmo is is heard more clearly than it was in Follow That Bird... and hopefully they didn't just mistake Jerry Nelson's performance from Monsterpeice Theater: Me, Claudias for Richard's, like they did in the A&E documentary).

The Muppet Mindset had an article from somebody who saw it (I think the same person who talked about it at Tough Pigs), and he said that he was told that Clifford will appear in the new Muppets movie, though he wasn't able to give any more details.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I don't like to say or play favorites, but Kevin's one of the best puppeteers they have on staff. I can never say enough about his range. It's a shame we'd never see the likes of Elliot Shag again after Dog City, though. That was one of my favorites of his. A mild mannered, yet slightly snarky cartoonist who talked to his cartoon. Why wasn't Little Muppet Monsters that good?