Mr. Peabody and Sherman, The Movie

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I have the first four seasons, and I don't recall any Washington running gag.
PERSON #1: Let's contact Washington!

Or

PERSON #1: We need to send this straight to Washington!

PERSON #2: I don't think he'll care very much, he's dead y'know.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Those examples of the Washington joke don't ring a bell to me (maybe I should look though The Moose That Roared and see if that running gag is mentioned in the book).

Though I do recall a Washington gag in Goof Gas Attack:

Rocky: It's (the letter Bullwinkle gets) from washington!

Bullwinkle: Washington? I'd like him better if he had a beard (in the scene leading to that, he went crazy over the stamp having a picture of Lincoln with a beard, explaining that he's crazy about beards).

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah, in the movie they said something like

"You see out there? That's Washington!"

And Bullwinkle replies "Then where's that funny powdered wig he's always wearing?"

or something to that extent.

Only thing it needed was a sequence with 2 guys saying "Now that's something you don't see every day." That would have been perfect if they included Chauncy and Edgar.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Those examples of the Washington joke don't ring a bell to me (maybe I should look though The Moose That Roared and see if that running gag is mentioned in the book).
My quote is from the episode "The Ruby Yacht" from Season 5. :smile:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Only thing it needed was a sequence with 2 guys saying "Now that's something you don't see every day." That would have been perfect if they included Chauncy and Edgar.
Maybe they could've done that with those two Italian fruit peddlers.

EDGAR: Well, there's-a something you don't see ever-a-ree-day, Chauncy.
CHAUNCY: What'sa that, Edgar?
EDGAR: A moose and a squirrel driving a car on-a the sidewalk!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Personally, I just want to see Hoppity Hooper get a respectable OFFICIAL release. I had to find out about it via cheap, crummy, copyright expired DVD's that look like they... NO that WERE taped off TV and sold in stores. That is such a rare gem of a Jay Ward series. Even Fractured Flickers (long out of print, I bet) get an official DVD release by a third party place.

Xerus

Reaction score
I thought it was weird in the Rocky and Bullwinkle movie how the classic characters used modernized jokes. The way Bullwinkle thought a fax was a furry red creature that lives in the woods and an e-mail is a female fox. And how Bullwinkle said, "I'd like to use one of my lifelines please."

I also heard they're planning on making a CGI movie about The Lorax.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
That would probably be more successful, because modern remakes of Dr. Seuss books as movies tend to be successful (with the exception of The Cat in the Hat, which I don't get, because it was really funny). I mean, look at how Horton became a bit of a cult picture right after it came out... of course, it was mostly because of one emo-esque character in Jojo.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
This idea slightly terrifies me because the original is such a classic. And I doubt they'd be willing to make it as disturbing and hard hitting today.

And sorry to anyone who liked it, but The Cat in the Hat is one of two films that I have walked out on in my life. The other being Beowulf.