Episode 4135 question

dwmckim

Reaction score
Was going over my tape collection and it looks like the only copy i have of Episode 4135 (season 38 premiere - Elmo and the Bookaneers) is the original version. Was wondering - after Sesame Workshop removed the Chris Brown "See the Signs" segment, what did they replace it with? Did they put a different segment in its place or fill up the leftover time some other way?

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
I think they stopped airing the episode altogether. I may be wrong.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
:mad::embarrassed::smile: "I think they stopped airing the episode."

Lol. Just wanted to post here to stay active on this thread. In all honesty, I think my local station did play that ep recently, but maybe I'm wrong. I'll have to check on that again.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I think they stopped airing the episode altogether. I may be wrong.
Nice to see you posting again, BG.

Perhaps you might want to check with Muppet Wiki on this one DW; those who maintain the SST episode guide regularly pretty much keep note of how what episodes were edited in such ways.

And if they stopped airing it altogether, it's probably because it was from, what... four years ago? But during the rotation of Season 38 reruns and whatnot during that time, I don't believe they had stopped airing it then.

Either way, I really liked this one: it was a terrific start to what turned out to be a terrific season, especially after Season 37 turned out to be disappointing and depressing.

dwmckim

Reaction score
I checked Muppet Wiki before posting here. All it says is that the See the Signs segment was removed from the episode after a certain date but no mention of how the extra time was filled in. All the other segments in their guide match what was in the original version. I always cross check the SST episodes in my tape collection against the wiki to make sure they're complete or somehow unaltered.

And yes, i've been going over the season 38 episodes lately as i've been updating my collection inventory and i agree that was overall one of their best years of the more recent seasons.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Chris Brown punches the heck out of a woman...

Katy Perry wore a body suit that accentuated things worse than being nude...

Doesn't seem fair on her behalf, now does it? :smirk:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Chris Brown punches the heck out of a woman...

Katy Perry wore a body suit that accentuated things worse than being nude...

Doesn't seem fair on her behalf, now does it? :smirk:
No indeed it does not. Brown's segment should definitely have been removed. But the overreaction to Perry's segment was absurd.