MC Forum Awards #7 Nominations/Final Voting Ballot

dwmckim

Reaction score
Congratulations to all the nominees for the Seventh Muppet Central Forum Awards. Regardless of which ones ultimately are chosen as this year's winner, the following list is made up of those who have been recognized by their fellow forum members as deserving of recognition!

29 of this year's 30 awards are on the ballot for final voting. The one not on the list was an award that had a unanimous choice and everyone will have to wait til the awards are given out on April 1 to find out the winner.

All nominations were verfified for eligibility.

Forum Friends and Family
Funniest Forum Member of 2010:
beakerboy12, Gonzo Leaper, Gonzo's Hobbit, matleo

Most Prominent Forum Member of 2010:
D'Snowth, Drtooth, dwmckim

Most Underrated Forum Member of 2010:
bingboingcutie, crazy chris, D'Snowth, dwayne1115, frogboy4, Gelfling Girl, Lil0Vampy

Most Creative Current Signature:
Aaron, Beauregard, Gonzo's Hobbit, GonzoLover85. lotusoftheleaf, tutter_fan

Outstanding Thread of 2010:
2011 Muppet Movie plot officially announced started by theprawncracker, MC - The Revival started by beakerfan, The RHLC! started by ReneeLouvier, Your dream 2011 Muppet Promotions started by dwmckim

Outstanding Post of 2010:
Cookie Monster makes SNL audition tape on Youtube #10 by Drtooth; MC Community: Where is it going? #278 by frogboy4; MC - The Revival #1 by beakerfan; Oh mercy me, I can't help myself any longer... #97 by Matleo

Craziest Member of 2010:
beakerboy12, Beauregard, D'Snowth, Gonzo's Hobbit, Muppet Frog, The Count

Most Thoughtful Member of 2010:
Bill Bubble Guy, dwmckim, Gonzo Leaper, Gonzo's Hobbit, Katzi428, Kiki, RedPiggy, theprawncracker

Outstanding Reporter of Muppet News in 2010:
bknatchbull, minor muppetz, theprawncracker

Biggest Muffin Purveyor of 2010:
beakerboy12, D'Snowth, Gonzo Leaper, Gonzo's Hobbit

Most Informative Member of 2010:
Drtooth, dwmckim, theprawncracker

Outstanding New Member of 2010:
beakerboy12, bingboingcutie, ilovemusic, MeepMeepBork, Slackbot

Muppet Appreciation
Biggest Supporter of The Muppets in 2010:
beaker, Drtooth, dwayne1115, frogboy4, minor muppetz, theprawncracker

Biggest Supporter of Sesame Street in 2010:
Drtooth, Katzi428, matleo, minor muppetz, Oscarfan, The Count

Biggest Supporter of Fraggle Rock in 2010:
Drtooth, RedPiggy, Redsonga, Slackbot, Super Scooter, theprawncracker, TogetherAgain

Biggest Supporter of Jim Henson's Fantasy Worlds in 2010:
Dearth, Laszlo

Biggest Supporter of The Jim Henson Company in 2010:
Beauregard, dwmckim, Phillip Chapman, ploobis, theprawncracker

Biggest Supporter of Muppet Merchandise in 2010:
beaker, dmoss, frogboy4, JJandJanice, Kermieuk

Biggest Supporter of Sesame Street Merchandise in 2010:
beaker, D'Snowth, minor muppetz

Biggest Supporter of the Muppeteers in 2010:
dwayne1115, Muppet Frog, Muppet Newsgirl, ReneeLouvier, theprawncracker

Most Enthusiastic Forum Member of 2010:
beaker, beakerboy12, Beauregard, D'Snowth, MelissaY1, theprawncracker

Outstanding Fan Artist of 2010:
D'Snowth, Drtooth, frogboy4, Slackbot, Vic Romano

Outstanding Fan-Fiction Written in 2010:
Before Gonzo Was Great by Slackbot, Bein Blue by Slackbot, Heart of Gold by TogetherAgain, Masks by Slackbot, Muppets from Earth by Slackbot, Trials and Tintinnabulations by Slackbot

Outstanding Fan-Fiction Writer of 2010:
Slackbot, WhiteRabbit

Outstanding Forum Puppeteer of 2010:
Adam Kreutinger, crazy chris, Frogpuppeteer, Gerbert, Quesal

Outstanding Forum Puppet Builder of 2010:
crazy chris, Frogpuppeteer

Most Informative Puppetry Instruction of 2010:
charlie bird, Gerbert

Most Dedicated Muppet Fan of 2010:
BobThePizzaBoy, D'Snowth, dwmckim, starchamber, theprawncracker

The Muppet Central Forum Lifetime Achievement Award:
Drtooth, dwmckim, Fozzie Bear, frogboy4, theprawncracker

------------------------------------
Thus begins the winners' round of voting with the above list comprising the ballot. Same rules apply as before - to vote, email your choices to mcforumvotingbooth@hotmail.com by Sat, March 26. Voting in each category is not required but encouraged. Votes for choices not on the ballot or for oneself will not be counted. Because people's minds may change, votes from the nominations round will not be "held over" to the voting round; a new ballot must be submitted for this round of voting to be counted. Dividing one's ballot among seperate emails (voting on "easier choices" right away and taking longer to decide on others for example) is allowed.

The winners will be announced on the Muppety date of Friday April 1, 2011! Join us for an awards ceremony thread with hosts dwayne1115 & Aaron with cool printable award certificates by RedPiggy. (Or if you're unable to be there "live" and want to see the winners' list at a "quick glance", they'll also be added to the MC Forum Award Winner thread after the ceremony.)

Email completed ballot to mcforumvotingbooth@hotmail.com by Saturday March 26, 2011 and include your forum handle in your email.

Slackbot

Reaction score
Neato Dorito! Let the voting begin.

I'm assuming that "Best Fan Art" was the 30th category?

One suggestion: it would be cool if there were links to specific threads/posts, where applicable. The easier it is to find items, the more likely people are to read them and make a more informed choice.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I really appreciate all of the categories I've been nominated for, I really do, but I don't believe I truly qualify for any of them, considering I was absent from the forum for a great deal of 2010... :embarrassed:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Wow this is truly an honer being up for at least three awrads wow I'm truly blessed.

Katzi428

Reaction score
Can I ask a favor please?
Yank my name from the ballots all right? This whole froggin' Awards ceremony is nothing more than a popularity contest that leaves a lot of people out in the cold & resentful .They're wondering "Why wasn't I nominated for this or that?" I've always felt this way about these awards ceremonies.
Don't get me wrong. I'm glad you guys like me. I like you guys too!:smile: (well most of you:rolleyes: ) It's just like I don't like the fact that there are people getting left out that shouldn't.

dwmckim

Reaction score
Yank my name from the ballots all right? This whole froggin' Awards ceremony is nothing more than a popularity contest that leaves a lot of people out in the cold & resentful .They're wondering "Why wasn't I nominated for this or that?" I've always felt this way about these awards ceremonies.
Don't get me wrong. I'm glad you guys like me. I like you guys too!:smile: (well most of you:rolleyes: ) It's just like I don't like the fact that there are people getting left out that shouldn't.
Katzi, i'm sorry to hear you feel that way but i also understand and respect it since many such awards throughout life whether it be online or real-life can be viewed that way. I've worried about that myself some years back but i do think we have a generally good community here that takes their votes seriously and all in all i'd much rather have them than not. (If i didn't believe that we have a lot of great people here doing great stuff throughout the year that should be remembered and celebrated, i wouldn't have picked up the task of keeping them going after the previous organizer gave up)

Previously i had requested that nominees be named instead of just the winners so that way more people would be included and this year, i suggested changes that allowed for a nominations round and a final voting round again to get a wider variety of people involved and more diverse range of choices. As past organizers have stated and i concur (again, if i didn't, i wouldn't be involved with them) that these are meant to honor the community rather than tear it down. Those that may have had concerns about people being left out that shouldn't be had every opportunity to rectify that in a positive manner by placing their votes during the nominations round for the very people they would have wanted to be named.

But again - as much as i will defend the awards and lay out why i felt they were worth saving, i also fully respect people's right to have a differing feeling about them. Whether it be prom king/queen in high school to being treated differently by possible employers or by waiters/bartenders due to one's gender, age, weight, looks or any number of things that don't matter, there are those of us who may not want to have any type of activity that in some way involves someone being chosen for something over other people (regardless of how well they may be held by the community it's for and are meant in the spirit of celebration as opposed to discrimination) on their radar when they come to the forum - especially if they may be visiting the forum particularly to get away from those elements of "real life".

The bad news is it's too late for me to edit your name out of the ballot (i can't even get mods to sticky these threads), but i'm sure (especially being on the first page) that voters will see and note your reluctence of wishing to be considered as a nominee and will vote accordingly (i can also go ahead and "internally" remove it - that is not count any votes for you from anyone who didn't see your wish to be removed and also take it off the list when the nominations are read during the ceremony).

I would nonetheless like to ask you to reconsider - maybe think about it more after a good night's sleep or some time has passed and if you do decide you would like to remain on the ballot, please post here that you would. Otherwise, like i say, we can be sure to withdraw you for consideration. Sorry you won't be joining us - i've heard the buffet being catered is lipsmackin' good. The seat at the table shall always remain open.

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
Neat! I got nominated for something. That doesn't happen very often.
I sent in my ballot.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
i mean ya got nomanated that in it's means people like you. That is something to really be happy about.

Luke

Reaction score
Yank my name from the ballots all right? This whole froggin' Awards ceremony is nothing more than a popularity contest that leaves a lot of people out in the cold & resentful.
Yes, it says a lot people who weren't actually around much end up in the categories. There was a good reason why the last person gave it up. You do #6 of em, and it's all the same really. That said, it's always good to see people putting effort into anything as long as it's just taken the right way - just as a bit of fun.

What was really good, was the first one when Steve Swanson did the podcast and spent major time on it with Ryan. It was just taken as fun, nobody was that worried - then as time went on it became more about the people who need to feel "loved" here. I don't really feel people need to be honored for any reason at MC, some new member can come on and post something equally as good as a regular member but not stick around as much - and never end up in any "awards". It's nice to see peoples names coming up who have made some major contributions to the forum but they should know its recognised without an award, and I think they do.