MC Forum Awards #7 Nominations/Final Voting Ballot

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
I'm with you dwmckin :big_grin: I think this is a lot of fun and it's just something to talk about. It's fun for now but then the year will go by and we'll have another one with different ideas and different names probably. It's like what Gunge and Philo say.
"Life is For Living!"

That made more sense in my head.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
I definitely want to celebrate. If I thought this site was complete crap, I, like dwmckim, wouldn't have bothered supporting the awards. I can actually attend this one and I'd like to.

I'm not the kind of person who needs lots of accolades. However, an occasional pat on the back, whether here or at work or at home, keeps me motivated to stick around. That's not to say if I get nothing out of this I'll quit. Far from it. What I've gotten out of this, even if I don't win anything, is the opportunity to participate. That's all I've ever wanted out of this place: a place where, despite us all being a frenzied group of bears and whatevers and chickens and Skekses and dinosaurs and aliens, we all have the potential to brighten each others' lives and make connections we never would have had we never shown up.

The Muppets, with the new movie, will have done the "splitting up" plot at least twice now, three if you count Muppet Babies eps where they fear it would happen. Yet, no matter where they go or what they do, the Dream is still their Rainbow Connection. You cannot leave the magic. More than anything, that kind of sentiment is what keeps me signing on every day or so.

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
im excited ive never been part of the awards cermony before...probably cause i stick to the puppetry forums...but with the new additions it was cool to see my name there

dwayne1115

Reaction score
As Co- host where should the Awards be this year the Muppet Theatermight be booked, but im not sure. anyone else know where we can have this party and then the after party and then the party after the after party?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I think basically every single thing I previously said has been misinterpreted, and taken out of context...
Indeed. In my humble opinion, once you start griping about cliques, you've pretty much created one for yourself.
Right, I've started up a group that only my friends can join, where all we do is go around and complain about other groups of people who stick to their own ways around here...

That doesn't make sense.
Snowth - i see your nominations as being a case of "quality over quantity"
I wasn't even complaining about how many nominations I was nominated for, or wasn't nominated for... all I said was that I didn't feel right being nominated since I was absent from MC for a great deal of 2010.
At any rate - at the end of the day, the spirit and intent of the awards is for celebration. If they aren't your cuppa tea, then i'd reccomend putting them on your ignore list rather than spoiling it for those who view them more positively by hijacking the thread with incessant grumbling.
I wasn't grumbling! I wasn't even hijacking the thread! I was sharing my thoughts on Kathy's views of comparing the awards to popularity contests, and I ended up with a longer post than I intended.

That's all... didn't mean to upset everybody.

Luke

Reaction score
I wasn't grumbling! I wasn't even hijacking the thread! I was sharing my thoughts on Kathy's views of comparing the awards to popularity contests, and I ended up with a longer post than I intended.

That's all... didn't mean to upset everybody.
It seems like if you have a different opinion it's griping or grumbling because of course it couldn't be you had a valid point. :wink:

If more people got involved with the awards and bothered to vote, it would be less of a popularity thing between just a few people. I think DW talks a lot of sense there. Maybe more of an effort needs to be made, and i don't just mean the awards organisers but the site - if they claim to be the "MC Forum" awards they are meant to be representative of the whole forum.

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
At the risk of continuing this discussion (which is something I'm really trying to avoid now, if anyone cares,) but could we possibly agree to disagree please? There are some who wish more people would be involved and some who tried to be involved as best they could. Personally, I tried to be involved and if someone wanted to be involved would not turn them away or deliberately try to make them feel unwelcome, and I'm sorry if I did.
But I am really looking forward to the results, I am gunning for anyone who was nominated and I hope more people will choose to get involved next year so more people can be represented

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Managed to get mine in! *waves Kermit flag*

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
*Races in late, not knowing the final ballot would be in a new thread*

Sorry I'm late! I'll get my votes in ASAP!

*Rushes out, smashing face-first into a wall*

Ouch.