Server Move Sunday March 20, 2011

GonzoLover85

Reaction score
EDIT AGAIN: Uh, why is it back?
They rotate through which appears on your screen each time you refresh your browser page.
Between Twitter, Facebook, and the Muppet Central store.

If you hit F5 on your keyboard (to refresh) and scroll down to it, you'll see that it changes.

Slackbot

Reaction score
Sigh. Ever since the transition, I can't access the forum from home. Can't find server. Looks like someone's DNS records are behind the times. :frown:

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sigh. Ever since the transition, I can't access the forum from home. Can't find server. Looks like someone's DNS records are behind the times. :frown:
I'm assuming when you say "home" that you mean your physical home, correct? It could be interpreted that you mean from the home page of the site or a home button. If that's the case let us know exactly what link isn't working.

When was the last time you tried to access the site from your home? This error would make sense earlier in the week. Our DNS records appear to be fully propagated now so please try this again and let us know what happens. You may need to refresh the page or clear your cookies in order to force your browser to retrieve the site.

If anyone else is experiencing any issues, please post here and let us know.

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
I don't know if this is related but I didn't get any e-mails today about people posting in threads I'm subscribed to.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't know if this is related but I didn't get any e-mails today about people posting in threads I'm subscribed to.
This should be taken care of shortly. Standby. We're tweaking a few things on the server.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
MC e-mail should be functioning properly now. Please let us know if you experience any other delays.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Something I just noticed in my user profile page... It doesn't say what my last MC-related activity was. And though it lists my total number of posts, it doesn't say how many per day, it just states: "( posts per day)".
Hope this helps.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Something I just noticed in my user profile page... It doesn't say what my last MC-related activity was. And though it lists my total number of posts, it doesn't say how many per day, it just states: "( posts per day)".
Hope this helps.
Yes, there are a few random issues like this that are being worked on now. Once all the templates are updated everything should be working fine. I'll post in this thread shortly with an update.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm not able to perform a search.
I've noticed that search only works on the forum index... and after you click it two or three times.

I have a couple of comments of mine own regarding our revamped user profiles:

1. We all have modules for a Friends List, but they're all empty: is this a different list than the "Buddy Lists" we've already established, or have all of our lists been emptied and we have to start all over?
2. Also, there's a module for "Recent Visitors" to our profiles... maybe it's just me, but it seems like displaying that module (and our friends list as well) seems like a bit of an invasion of privacy... there are options, I see, where we "toggle" the modules to hide their contents, but can we have options to remove them from display altogether?