The 7th Annual Muppet Central Forum Awards Ceremony

theprawncracker

Reaction score
I... really don't know what to say. Humbled doesn't even begin to describe my feelings right now... I'm honored, I'm proud, I'm... obviously at a loss for words. I can't tell you all how much winning The Muppet Central Forum Lifetime Achievement Award means to me--for many, many reasons. First, because I'm only 20, so winning a "Lifetime" Achievement Award is a not only shocking but also makes me nervous and causes me to look out for falling safes... so thanks for that. Second, I've been a member of this forum for over six years now... and compared to so many others who have devoted a decade or more of their lives to this place... well, it's just an extreme honor.

For over six years Muppet Central Forum has been my home away from home while I'm at home. In that time I've made so many wonderful friends... some of whom have become working associates who I am proud to still call my friends. In December, 2004 when I joined up here, if you would have told me that I would one day win a Lifetime Achievement Award for contributing to this forum, I would have laughed at you and then thrown a penguin at you. ...However, in fairness, if you would have told me that same thing yesterday, I probably would have done the same thing. (Except my throwing of the penguin would be much more dignified and mature... of course.) I was 14 when I joined here... and I'm 20 now. In my world where virtually everything has changed, the Muppet Central Forum is the one thing in my life transitions that has remained constant. Even as I've changed and grown and whatnot... this place has always held an extremely special place in my heart. It is where I became I Muppet fan... it is where I became a writer... it is where I learned that my obsession could be something more than a pipe dream.

There are so, so many fond memories I have of this place over the years... fan-fiction writing (my first being Muppet High, my most recent [still unfinished] being The Muppets' Mid-Age Crisis), rollicking around the forum muffining up everything I could see, playing Jack Bandit in The Moppet Family, starring as myself in T*K*O, living in the Dorms, fighting for the rights of punctuation, ziffeling, dying, throwing penguins, throwing muffins, eating bagels, holding people hostage, dancing, singing, laughing... and countless more memories in my (currently) 16,473 posts on Muppet Central Forum.

There are just so, so, SO many people I'd like to thank... and I know I'm going to miss someone, but here's my attempt to thank the people who are responsible for me winning this Award. Without them I wouldn't have stayed here this long... and I certainly wouldn't have done anything worthy of a Lifetime Achievement Award.

• TogetherAgain - Obviously, duh, come on, think about this people, what more do I need to say?
  • Beauregard - See above. Also... the reason I'm a Muppet fan is this man. All blame should be placed on him.
  • redboobergurl - One of the sweetest ladies I know and one of my first real friends here. So happy to say that we are still friends six years later.
  • D'Snowth - A hugely talented, funny, and wonderful friend. Since my first days muffining the heck out of this place, Snowthy has been by my side as a friend, an accomplice, and a victim.
  • The Count - Another forum-life-long friend. Ed was the first person to welcome me to Muppet Central and ever since then I have been so honored to call him a friend, a fiend, and a terrific person.
  • MrsPepper - The first Canadian friend I've ever had... and the only boss in a made-up forum television show that I've ever had too. Hysterical woman... miss her and her friendship tons.
  • Vibs - One of the funniest people I've never actually met. Her portrayal of Vibs and Viq and countless others in MopFam is still one of my favorite things. Also... one of the most talented artists I've seen.
  • DanDanStrawberry - Same as Vibs... Aunt DanDan is one of my favorite non-existant characters ever. I miss her... him... it? And his pet foot.
  • minidoozer - As Liza Mingostone in MopFam, she was never the most prominent, obviously funny performer... but she was so quietly hysterical that she inspired me to develop a character as her brother. Again... one of THE most talented artists in Denmark or any country.
  • Vic Romano - Speaking of talented artists... the best of them all. I'm so, so honored to be working with him now in such a huge capacity. His Weekly Visuals along with his life story inspire me so, so much... I'm so pleased to be able to call him a friend. Disney PLEASE hire him!
  • Leyla - The first Muppet Central friend I met in real life... I miss her greatly and I hope she's well.
  • Katzi428 - The sweetest, kindest person on the whole forum. She's been a great, great friend since the beginning as well.
  • christyb - Another one of the nicest people out there. Such a talented writer, as well... no one could write MopFam like her.
  • frogboy4 - We never really became friends until about two years ago... but I'm so thrilled to call Jamie one of my very good friends now. He is an incredibly talented artist and designer and Disney NEEDS to hire him too.
  • dwayne1115 - It's because of this brilliantly kind man that I formed my first real Muppet connection with Jim Lewis. Dwayne is a great friend and I appreciate all he does for this site and his love for it greatly.
And so many others who I don't have time to write about but absolutely have to mention...

• Aaron
  • Andy WanKenobi
  • AnimatedC9000
  • anythingmuppet
  • anytimepall
  • a_Mickey_Muppet
  • Bananasketch
  • Barry Lee
  • beaker
  • beakerboy12
  • Beakerfan
  • BeakerSqueedom
  • BEAR
  • Bill Bubble Guy
  • BobthePizzaBoy
  • Colbynfriends
  • Convincing John
  • Daffyfan2003
  • Drtooth
  • dwmckim
  • Erine81981
  • Fozzie Bear
  • Fragglemuppet
  • frogpuppeteer
  • Frogster
  • furryredmonster
  • GelflingWaldo
  • Gonzo14
  • GonzoLover85
  • heralde
  • Ilikemuppets
  • Janicefersure
  • Java
  • JJandJanice
  • KermiClown
  • Kermiebaby47
  • Kiki
  • Krazedmuppet
  • Luke
  • MeepBorkMeep
  • minor muppetz
  • Muppet Matt
  • Muppetfan44
  • muppetwriter
  • MWoO
  • Nick22
  • Oscarfan
  • Phillip Chapman
  • ploobis
  • RedPiggy
  • Redsonga
  • Reevz1977
  • ReneeLouvier
  • rowlfy662
  • Ruahnna
  • ryhoyarbie
  • SarahOnBway
  • Sgt Floyd
  • Skeeter Muppet
  • Skye
  • Slackbot
  • stephenjilizard
  • Super Scooter
  • Teheheman
  • Telly
  • The Shoe Fairy
  • unclematt
  • Was Once Ernie
  • Whatever
  • WhiteRabbit
  • Winslow Leach
  • Xerus
  • ZeppoandFriends
  • ZootyCutie
And each and every single person I've ever had the pleasure of associating with in my six years here. You all are like my family... my crazy, crazy family. But family nonetheless. Thank you, thank you, thank you from the very bottom of my heart for this award. It is such a distinct honor to win... you have no idea. You've awarded me for a Lifetime... so I hope that I stay around here for one.

Thank you! ! ! !

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
Congrats Prawnie, that's so great to see your name added to that list.
PS, sorry this is a little late.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Congratulations to ALL of this year's winners. Big round of applause for you...I said applause...Zany, where are you when I need you? Anyway, I'm clapping my hands for all of you anyway!

But I have to give a special standing ovation to my very special friend, Ryan, theprawncracker, on your Lifetime Achievement award - I cannot think of anyone more deserving and I am insanely proud and honored to be your friend after all these years - thank you for all you have done for this Muppet community and for the greater Muppet fandom on the web. You inspire me sir! Oh and PS, thanks for saying nice things about me :smile:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
You know me and Ryan sometimes taslk on facebook and he has been frustrated in the past with some of the things that have gone on here on MC as anyone would i suppose, but he really has grown even since i have known him.

He has helped me so much with the Ask Jim Lewis stuff that without him I really don't think it would have gone on as long as it had.

He is a true Muppet/ Henon fan and a great membere of this forum, and for that I thank you.

Luke

Reaction score
Congrats all winners, well done dwayne, and great to see theprawncracker in mc's hallowed halls of shame ... Er, I mean .. Fame!

dwmckim

Reaction score
Congrats to all this year's winners and nominees (the "runner-up winners!") Thanks to our hosts for sticking through it and ... and ... waitaminnit ... four days later and i'm only now just noticing the thread title?

(Let a froum be your umbrella!)

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
Congrats to all this year's winners and nominees (the "runner-up winners!") Thanks to our hosts for sticking through it and ... and ... waitaminnit ... four days later and i'm only now just noticing the thread title?

(Let a froum be your umbrella!)
What, that it's spelled wrong? Yea that's weird. I missed that. Anyone else notice that?

dwayne1115

Reaction score
ha ha ha Wow my spelling is really getting worse I'm going to hire someone to be my spell checker for anyone want the job?

Slackbot

Reaction score
I noticed it from the start, but then I edit constantly, both my stories and documents at work. I'm an inveterate nitpicker.

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
People have been bringing up comments about how to do the awards next time. Luke brought up having less categories so that more people can vote and they don't go so slow and dwmckim mentioned that they liked all the awards in there. I had an idea if anyone is interested. But what if we broke the awards into differen't ceremonies thorughout the year? Like, we do appreciation at one point and best artwork and another point, biggest fan at another and a puppeteer award at another. Kinda like how there are the grammys but then there are Country music awards and Rock awards etc. That way voters could focus more closely on a particular group of people but we don't have to drop awards.
Just a thought.