Kermit at the Pirates of the Caribbean 4 Premiere

ftnpro

Reaction score
I always think of the Muppeteers as great puppeteers, but they're great improvisors, too. I'd love to see Kermit and/or friends put into more of these situations to wing it, leading up to the movie.

Even though this clip didn't promote the new movie that much, it just helps to get the Muppets on the screen (even the computer screen)! Well done, Steve.

Yorick

Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LzqeEvkJgo

Finally! A new web video.

Does this mean Cap'n Jack will promote the Muppet movie?
Since I like Keith Richards and Johnny Depp, I was let down that they didn't seem glad to see Kermit. Johnny tried at least, and did a nice enough job (though you hear him get annoyed at one point) but (if the small amount of footage they used is any indication) Keith really wasn't a fan, and just said, "Oh no" when he saw Kermit. I've been a Muppet fan longer than a Stones fan, and I was into Muppet music first, so it just seems wrong for Keith to be like that, ha.

On the other hand, I've never really been a huge fan of Aerosmith, but Steven Tyler was really cool with Kermit!:smile: I have to give him credit for either being a Muppet fan, or just been an all around nice guy! Or both!

RedPiggy

Reaction score
The weird thing was, I interpreted Depp's attitude like Jack Sparrow thinking he's hallucinating a talking frog. :stick_out_tongue:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Since I like Keith Richards and Johnny Depp, I was let down that they didn't seem glad to see Kermit. Johnny tried at least, and did a nice enough job (though you hear him get annoyed at one point) but (if the small amount of footage they used is any indication) Keith really wasn't a fan, and just said, "Oh no" when he saw Kermit. I've been a Muppet fan longer than a Stones fan, and I was into Muppet music first, so it just seems wrong for Keith to be like that, ha.

On the other hand, I've never really been a huge fan of Aerosmith, but Steven Tyler was really cool with Kermit!:smile: I have to give him credit for either being a Muppet fan, or just been an all around nice guy! Or both!
I was disappointed too. There was a rumor that Depp would be in the "Muppets" movie but that doesn't seem to be the case seeing his rare lack of charisma when on screen with Kermit. Keith Richards was just plain arrogant. I mean, Alice Cooper, Ozzie Osborne, David Bowie, Prince, Lady Gaga, Weezer and Steven Tyler are all popular rockers with rather alternative/edgy followings and they all have shown how they can be cool with Muppets. It's no sweat off Kermit. It's really just a lost opportunity for Keith. Of course he wasn't mean so the non-appearance-appearance won't hurt him, but it could have helped him and the Stones gain younger fans with lots of cash to spend on itunes.

Duke Remington

Reaction score
The weird thing was, I interpreted Depp's attitude like Jack Sparrow thinking he's hallucinating a talking frog. :stick_out_tongue:
I agree. I take it that he was only acting.

People just don't seem to know how to take a joke or know when someone is making a joke these days... :rolleyes:

Anyhow, I also loved this little video too. It's always awesome when Kermit goes out into our world to interview real people (and even more awesome when he gets one smooch after another from some gorgeous females). :big_grin:

The frog even got to throw in a small shameless plug for the new Muppet movie. :big_grin:

firestarter

Reaction score
Hey Duke, I really like those icons of Dr. Teeth, and Pepe the King Prawn. Where on earth did you get them? Also I really like those profile pictures people have on this website. Such as the Janice one that JJamdJamice. Is it something you got off google images, and then copy and paste, or what? I really like the profile pics that the people have on this thread. Kudos.

Yorick

Reaction score
I was disappointed too. There was a rumor that Depp would be in the "Muppets" movie but that doesn't seem to be the case seeing his rare lack of charisma when on screen with Kermit. Keith Richards was just plain arrogant. I mean, Alice Cooper, Ozzie Osborne, David Bowie, Prince, Lady Gaga, Weezer and Steven Tyler are all popular rockers with rather alternative/edgy followings and they all have shown how they can be cool with Muppets. It's no sweat off Kermit. It's really just a lost opportunity for Keith. Of course he wasn't mean so the non-appearance-appearance won't hurt him, but it could have helped him and the Stones gain younger fans with lots of cash to spend on itunes.
Absolutely perfectly said about Depp and Keith (and also a good point about the others in their field who are cool with Muppets). They acted just like we've probably all heard/seen certain people act when they don't "get" the Muppets. As you said, it's their loss, really.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Absolutely perfectly said about Depp and Keith (and also a good point about the others in their field who are cool with Muppets). They acted just like we've probably all heard/seen certain people act when they don't "get" the Muppets. As you said, it's their loss, really.
Thanks! I'm glad they were at least civil and laughing a little, but they passed over what could have been a fantastic moment in favor of a fizzle. Nonetheless, most everyone else played along nicely and Kermit was in top form! :smile: