Conversations with Bert

Princeton

Reaction score
hey He is up for an award which is something that Frank has never done.
Well, The Wolfman and Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland won Oscars this year, but that doesn't make them good movies. Work on your arguments.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
What are you talking about I think Eric has proved himself to be good or even as good as Frank Oz.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well, The Wolfman and Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland won Oscars this year, but that doesn't make them good movies. Work on your arguments.
I call bullcrap on that.

I seriously do.

This segment proves just how far Eric has came since his first awkward appearances as Bert and Grover. Frank's doing his own thing now, and we have to respect that, they have someone else who's doing a wonderful job recast as his roles. He's not some passionless soundalike that bounced the character to 3 more performers... he dove into these recast roles, and he's perfected them in a matter of a few years. I had to listen VERY carefully to this performance to find out it WASN'T Frank. he's gotten that good with his Bert and his Grover.

It's no longer someone filling in for Bert and Grover, he's BECOME Bert and Grover.

Princeton

Reaction score
What are you talking about I think Eric has proved himself to be good or even as good as Frank Oz.
I'll give him this: While his vocal performances are not that admirable, his understanding of the characters are extremely impressive. I saw an interview on some morning show where Stev and Eric did Kermit and Fozzie and Eric's portrayal of Fozzie's personality is on par with Frank's. As far as Piggy is concerned, there's no comparison: Frank's Piggy will always be superior because Frank made a consistent effort to make her sound female. I would describe what Eric's Piggy sounds like, but I would be violating the content agreement I signed when I joined this forum.

Drtooth

Reaction score
If you watch MCC, MTI and especially MFS, Frank was pretty much starting Piggy on a Flanderized slide anyway. She even came across stupid in MTI and MFS... to be fair he barely performed her in those two movies. I kinda agree while Eric's got Bert, Grover, Fozzie, Sam, and Animal down to a science, his Piggy somehow seems lacking.