"The Muppets: Green with Envy" Teaser Trailer On-line

RedPiggy

Reaction score
I can usually trust spill.com's attitude toward movies, and they seem pretty excited, including most (if not all) commenters on their article about it.

monkeyjb1988

Reaction score
Spoilers: Don't read until you see the trailer.

I laughed out loud at this. I love how it started like a trailer for a love film devoid of Muppets and, after mentioning Jason and Amy, they out of the blue say Kermit and Miss Piggy. I love how the narrator and Jason are surprised about the Muppets (Jason especially, since he wrote it. Muppets must've came up at some point. :smile:)

Awesome trailer and I cannot wait for it.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
I've watched it more times than I can count, too... and I'd be willing to bet that 90% of what we see of the Jason/Amy faux trailer in the beginning was filmed specifically for this trailer. I wouldn't be surprised if those parts aren't in the movie at all. I think this is a brilliant mislead from The Muppets Studio folks... one that has already generated a massive heap of interest.
That's exactly what I thought when I watched it - I think all the scenes from when the Muppets show up on are probably part of the movie but that the Jason/Amy storyline was just to throw us off at first.

I have seriously watched this thing like 20 times, I can't get enough of it!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
That's exactly what I thought when I watched it - I think all the scenes from when the Muppets show up on are probably part of the movie but that the Jason/Amy storyline was just to throw us off at first.
I wonder if there'll still be some sort of storyline involving them. I wouldn't be surprised if Mary isn't as big a Muppet fan as Gary, or if his Muppet fandom does get in the way of their relationship. But you never know.

At first I thought that odd pig was Howard Pudman.

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
I have seriously watched this thing like 20 times, I can't get enough of it!
red! you & I are in the same boat! hehe..my gf keeps asking me "how many times now stevie? haha" :big_grin: I keep saying I'll be to :excited: to eat on thanksgiving now, so after MACYS ends on TV i said we're campping out by the theater and skipping dinner (jk tho!) :smile:

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Based on the draft I read, I'd guess that most of the Gary/Mary scenes in the trailer wound up in the finished version. Maybe they're not much more extensive than what we're seeing, though.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Based on the draft I read, I'd guess that most of the Gary/Mary scenes in the trailer wound up in the finished version. Maybe they're not much more extensive than what we're seeing, though.
Wouldn't it be ironic if they decided before filming to not include those in the movie, but film them anyway for the teaser trailer?

I think somebody mentioned seeing Clifford in the trailer. But I keep looking and don't see him anywhere (in that office scene I thought I briefly saw him between Dr. Teeth and Beaker, but maybe it's because I'm trying to sormee him).

In that shot of the Muppets all singing, we can see The Electric Mayhem in the back. Floyd doesn't appear in the shot... I guess he's blocked by other characters. I hope Lips is with the band in that shot as well, though I noticed a platform by Animal's drums with nobody on top (Zoot was on the platform on the other side).

matleo

Reaction score
In that shot of the Muppets all singing, we can see The Electric Mayhem in the back. Floyd doesn't appear in the shot... I guess he's blocked by other characters.
If you look at the screen cap Toughpigs has on their website you cam just see Floyd's mustache and arm just behind Piggy.

It is odd to me that neither Gonzo or Rowlf are in that shot however.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Well 527,866 is the number of hits the video has had so far and it has only been posted for about 24 hours not bad!